Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Mojave Road Expedition Run (Lots of Pics)

Old 09-18-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Mojave Road Expedition Run (Lots of Pics)

Just wanted to share some pics of my latest offroad adventure for me and my taco!
3 full days wheeling through the Mojave Preserve, everything from the dry lake bed, to some rock crawling, fast desert driving, playing in the sand dunes and water crossings!!

Aired down ready to leave Bullhead City to the Mojave road

Some stuff'n'!

Black Cat Saloon

Mojave Road Mailbox

The End!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Damn Man serious personal foul for not invitng us! like always great pictures man!
Old 09-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #4
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Damn Man serious personal foul for not invitng us! like always great pictures man!
LOL, I had to deny some from coming becuase we had a cap on the # of rigs attending because of our permit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Great pics!! Makes me want to get out there right now!
What is the pile of stuff there.. is that rocks or what?
Before you get to Soda Lake the dry lake bed you drive through an area next to a dead volcano for a few miles where there is a whole bunch of lava rocks everywhere and a dry out lava flow, one of many traditions on the Mojave road is to pick one up there and take it to the middle of the lake bed and contribute to the stack.
There is a surprise in the middle of the pile of lava rocks but you'll have to travel the Mojave road to find out what it is!
Old 09-18-2008, 03:32 PM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Tight.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:54 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!
Old 09-18-2008, 04:53 PM   #7
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Great pics.I've been on parts of that trail myself.While I understand the permit thing,I'm hurt you went through my backyard & didn't say hello. Any way,another time perhaps.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:53 AM   #8

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
For the uneducated, what is this permit thing.. I understand the basics..but you can't just go run a trail? You need a permit and there can only be so many vehicles? Sorry, I'm just jealous because Texas has (basically) no public wheeling locals. I want to be sure that when I finally say "F*ck it.. I'm going to Nevada/California and go wheeling" I'm covered.
For the Mojave Preserve specifically there is a limit of 7 rigs and 15 people max. without a permit. After 7 rigs with a max of 15rigs you need a permit.
For any other area that I wheel at you need a daily pass or an yearly pass that you get from the National Forest Service, $30 per year pass. I have yet to be checked for a pass by a ranger though, cuz I'm usually with around 10 rigs when I wheel.
Everything in Cali is protected and regulated.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #9

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
so you went on the 120 mojave run Huh? looks like fun.

MY034runner (R.Anderson) suggested I go as well but I couldnt take the 3 day off.

sure looked like you guys had fun.

Any plans to come out to hump and bump at Logandale trails ?

Im looking ofrward to doing some stuff with the NVTTORA bunch in the not to distant future.

got a bunch of prerunning to do over the next few weeks though.

nice wheeling

timmer
Yeah ran with 120, Robert is a cool guy, he was quite the tour guide! It was cool to see more tacos on a 120 run, 2 out of the 3 tacos on the run were me and my buddy who usually run with Socal TTORA.

Not sure if I will be able to get out to the Logandale trails any time soon but hope to run the Mojave road again in the Spring.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:49 PM   #10
Stops Jihad on Contact.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that looks like fun.

Wish we had opportunities like that here in Texas.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:09 PM   #11
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
just spent the weekend on almost the same run... started off harvard road by Calico and ended up behind Buffalo Bills at Stateline...

we saw your big rock pile on the dry lake bed too... good stuff...

we signed the book at the mailbox too...

great weather, beautiful scenery, and awesome terrain all around... from mud to water crossings, to whoops, to 50mph stretches...

we only took 4 dcab tacos on this run...
Old 09-25-2008, 09:11 AM   #12
Turbonator
tour4fun is one of the sharper tools in the shedtour4fun is one of the sharper tools in the shedtour4fun is one of the sharper tools in the shedtour4fun is one of the sharper tools in the shedtour4fun is one of the sharper tools in the shedtour4fun is one of the sharper tools in the shedtour4fun is one of the sharper tools in the shedtour4fun is one of the sharper tools in the shedtour4fun is one of the sharper tools in the shedtour4fun is one of the sharper tools in the shedtour4fun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tour4fun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
so you went on the 120 mojave run Huh? looks like fun.

timmer
The toyota120.com guys and gals are cool .
Old 09-25-2008, 09:41 AM   #13
It's TACO time!
DFPTaco has a spectacular aura aboutDFPTaco has a spectacular aura about
Name: Josh
DFPTaco's Tacoma Gallery
How long does this run take? Where can I find more information about this trail, like where it is and such. A buddy of mine has an FJ and he and I are always looking for nice trails. That looks like an absolute blast. Any information would be great!
Old 09-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #14

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFPTaco View Post
How long does this run take? Where can I find more information about this trail, like where it is and such. A buddy of mine has an FJ and he and I are always looking for nice trails. That looks like an absolute blast. Any information would be great!
Here are a few links:
http://www.nps.gov/moja/planyourvisit/mojave-road.htm

http://www.desertusa.com/mag99/nov/s...javetrail.html

This is a must have guide if you plan to travel the Mojave Road:
http://www.desertusa.com/web_cart/db/pages/5094.html

Here is a PDF map:
http://www.nps.gov/moja/planyourvisi...d/MOJAmap1.pdf

MOJAmap1.pdf