OBA

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
awesome
Dole is on a distinguished road
Marines: masta gunna!!!
Dole's Tacoma Gallery
OBA

I am thinking about throwing On Board Air on my truck because I air up and down all the time. I plan on getting an ARB front locker next year or when ever I find money. The question is should I go with the ARB compressor or something different? Like VIAIR? Something else? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks
Old 03-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
The ARB compressor is going to take forever to fill your tires. The VIAIR units are nice but I think I might be going with a Powertank for OBA. http://www.amazon.com/Power-Tank-PT1.../dp/B002KCE6KG
Old 03-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
I run a SunPerformace compressor I got through a GB on CT and a 2.5 gallon tank. Works just fine for me and the compressor is 100% duty cycle. I may step up to a larger tank or throw a 2nd 2.5 on when I jump from 31's to 33's though
Old 03-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Also making your own is an option i might even go this route.
http://www.stu-offroad.com/recovery/co2/co2-1.htm
Old 03-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
awesome
Dole is on a distinguished road
Marines: masta gunna!!!
Dole's Tacoma Gallery
Ok thanks Ill check those out. Any thoughts about this guy? where to mount the tank?
Old 03-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
got a masterflow m-1050 tsunami that hooks to the battery 55 bucks shipped
Old 03-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #7
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
viair has some solid units. they are fast and seemingly indestructible. if all your doing is air locker and tires you wont even need a 100% duty cycle.

just get a decent size tank and you are good to go. 2.5 gallons or bigger
Old 03-25-2011, 11:35 PM   #8
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
I went with this one http://www.viaircorp.com/OffRoad/10007.html because it has the lowest amp draw and its constant duty. It will be nice to run air tools on the trail if necessary. I've seen the compresser mounted in the cubby hole in the bed and the air tank right in front of the bumper. I put my compresser under the hood and the air tank right behind the axle since the spare will be in the bed. I don't know how well the system works yet since I'm still putting it together.

I have more pics in my build.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...nuff-pink.html

Products Discussed in this Thread