Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

New ARB 100% duty cycle air compressor

Old 04-13-2011, 06:25 PM   #21
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
wow this thing looks sick. cant wait to see an install!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #22
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
I was looking to get the Viair portable compressor that is 100% duty cycle. So not sure which one would be better.

How many Viair compressors are you running together to get as much airflow as this ARB unit? 2 or 3?
Old 04-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #23
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisheez View Post

Yeah this ARB Makes the Oasis look like a joke huh? Costs less and you can wire multiples to have more output at less weight than the Oasis all with less Amp draw AND less money. Makes you wonder why anyone would be dumb enough to buy an Oasis with this thing coming out...

Less $
Less weight
Less bulk
Less current draw

More output @ 0 PSI
More outout @ 100 PSI

It is pure awesome sause!
Old 04-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #24
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
How many Viair compressors are you running together to get as much airflow as this ARB unit? 2 or 3?
I don't know. This is the one I was looking at.

http://www.viaircorp.com/OffRoad/450P-A.html
Old 04-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #26
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post

draws 70 amps!
Derp..?
* High efficiency design consumes only 56 Amps at maximum air flow.

Edit: I now see the chart... thats miss leading....

I would buy one!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #27
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't know. This is the one I was looking at.

http://www.viaircorp.com/OffRoad/450P-A.html
It would take 3 of those to come close to competing with ONE of the ARB compresors. It would still lose when you ran 3.

3 of these ARB compessors beats one Oasis by a small amount.

If you plan on running a single Viair you will be waiting a LONG time once you bleed your air canister down on your first tire air up.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #28
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It would take 3 of those to come close to competing with ONE of the ARB compresors. It would still lose when you ran 3.

3 of these ARB compessors beats one Oasis by a small amount.

If you plan on running a single Viair you will be waiting a LONG time once you bleed your air canister down on your first tire air up.
Got it. So the ARB comes ready to go. No tanks or anything else? I just need it up air my tires when out on the trail. If I get a front locker I would want to use it as well.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #29
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got it. So the ARB comes ready to go. No tanks or anything else? I just need it up air my tires when out on the trail. If I get a front locker I would want to use it as well.
Tanks are usefull for a number of things... tying in the output of multiple compressors, allowing a part time duty compressor to give pressure for an extended period due ot the sotred air, offering more volume of high pressure air on tap than the compressor can provide, allowing a common source for multiple ait devices to run off of (air horn, lockers, impact gun, etc.)

For your proposed use you need a manifold kit to use with a locker. You dont need a air tank for filling tires or running tools. It will do the first tire in the same amount of time as a Viair plus tank due to the stored air in the tank... after that the remaining tires will get aired up over 3X faster. I predict this will make the older, smaller compressors obsolete.

Of course now that I see the 68 AMPS it can draw at 150 PSI I see its not as efficient as I thought. The constant duty Oasis only draws 180, making it a TINY bit more efficient than running 3 ARB compressors. Still... I think dual ARBs would suit almost anyones needs and everyone needs the outout of the single. The other compressors are just SOOOOOooo slow once their tanks get emptied.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #30

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tanks are usefull for a number of things... tying in the output of multiple compressors, allowing a part time duty compressor to give pressure for an extended period due ot the sotred air, offering more volume of high pressure air on tap than the compressor can provide, allowing a common source for multiple ait devices to run off of (air horn, lockers, impact gun, etc.)

For your proposed use you need a manifold kit to use with a locker. You dont need a air tank for filling tires or running tools. It will do the first tire in the same amount of time as a Viair plus tank due to the stored air in the tank... after that the remaining tires will get aired up over 3X faster. I predict this will make the older, smaller compressors obsolete.

Of course now that I see the 68 AMPS it can draw at 150 PSI I see its not as efficient as I thought. The constant duty Oasis only draws 180, making it a TINY bit more efficient than running 3 ARB compressors. Still... I think dual ARBs would suit almost anyones needs and everyone needs the outout of the single. The other compressors are just SOOOOOooo slow once their tanks get emptied.
Thanks for the help. I just hate waiting forever to fill up tires when I finish out in the desert or the trails. This makes things a lot easier.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #31
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
That is one great sounding air compressor. It is over double of the cfm of mine but also more amp draw by 16 amps over mine though. As long as you have the power for it that wouldnt be a problem. I have the Viair setup that puts out 2.68 cfm and mine came with the tank and wiring for $369.00 from Amazon. Mine can take off all lug nuts running a 3/8" ingersoll titanium impact without having the air compressor come on to fill the tank back up. So not to bad. Also mine is only 33% Duty cycle. So the ARB is 100% which is quite a bit better.
The good side of the ARB is not half to run a tank though which is good for weight savings and room. My aircompressor is made in China which is not a plus compared to the ARB. If I had to do it again I would go for this ARB. But mine works quite well and I have had it for 2 months now and use it for rotating my tires and offroading.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:21 PM   #32
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I ran my little ARB for 25min the other day. 4 tires {35s} from 14psi to 45psi. 5 to 6 min a tire. And you could boil water on the damn thing. I really just wanted to see what it was made of ARB FTW
Old 08-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #33
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't want to post a new through about this so I figured I'd bump this one - Search FTW.

Anybody have one of these yet? I'm in the market and looking for a good portable compressor.

The biggest tires I would go with are 33's and that won't be for a long time. I simply need a good, dependable compressor to keep in the truck that can air up a couple 31-33" tires without having to wait.

I am close to buying the Viair 400P off Amazon but I love ARB and might be willing to spend the extra dough if I can get some good, real-world reviews of it.

Thanks much, cheers!

Fink
Old 08-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #34
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Fink View Post
I didn't want to post a new through about this so I figured I'd bump this one - Search FTW.

Anybody have one of these yet? I'm in the market and looking for a good portable compressor.

The biggest tires I would go with are 33's and that won't be for a long time. I simply need a good, dependable compressor to keep in the truck that can air up a couple 31-33" tires without having to wait.

I am close to buying the Viair 400P off Amazon but I love ARB and might be willing to spend the extra dough if I can get some good, real-world reviews of it.

Thanks much, cheers!

Fink
Have you looked into C02? i love my C02 set up I can air up my 33/12.5's from 12psi to 35psi in 18sec a tire if your looking at a big tank setup like the Viair consider C02.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #35
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Have you looked into C02? i love my C02 set up I can air up my 33/12.5's from 12psi to 35psi in 18sec a tire if your looking at a big tank setup like the Viair consider C02.
I've been looking at CO2 for years and love all of the setups, but I think it's more than I need.

I'm just looking for something 100% portable that I can take with me in my truck for commuting, in my girlfriends car for trips, etc...

If I was looking at a true on-board, vehicle-mounted setup...CO2 is the direction I would go. Some of the setups I've seen are insane.

Fink
Old 08-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #36
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've been looking at CO2 for years and love all of the setups, but I think it's more than I need.

I'm just looking for something 100% portable that I can take with me in my truck for commuting, in my girlfriends car for trips, etc...

If I was looking at a true on-board, vehicle-mounted setup...CO2 is the direction I would go. Some of the setups I've seen are insane.

Fink
Yeah I've seen the Viair P i don't know if it's the 400 but it was a pretty good little portable compressor slow but it gets the lob done.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #37
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Yeah I've seen the Viair P i don't know if it's the 400 but it was a pretty good little portable compressor slow but it gets the lob done.
I definitely won't try to win any races with it but in a pinch, it seems like it would be dependable and more than capable for what I need.

For $190...it seems like a good deal.

Thanks for the advice, by the way!

Fink
Old 08-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #38
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I definitely won't try to win any races with it but in a pinch, it seems like it would be dependable and more than capable for what I need.

For $190...it seems like a good deal.

Thanks for the advice, by the way!

Fink
Yeah no problem.