Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Skid recomendations

Old 09-27-2008, 09:25 AM   #1
motivated learner
baldbastard is on a distinguished road

baldbastard's Tacoma Gallery
Skid recomendations

I'm looking for some skid packages for my taco (08 D-CAB TRD OFF-ROAD). Any sugestions, reviews, advice, appriciated.

cheers
Old 09-27-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
ALLPRO
http://www.allprooffroad.com/05tacom...comaskidplates
Old 09-27-2008, 06:45 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
ditto on the allpro. i plan to get the transmission and differential plates from them...already have the main IFS plate.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #5
Ultimate Member
SLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to behold

SLOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
hey you bald bastard check out silver07taco's suggestion, allpro has tons on great stuff and they specialize in Toyota's.
P.S. I'm scared of a man named Scott Peterson!
Old 09-28-2008, 10:10 PM   #7
motivated learner

You should be scared!
Old 09-29-2008, 04:05 AM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
x2

bud is awesome to deal with and his stuff is damn near bulletproof
Old 09-29-2008, 08:20 AM   #9
motivated learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
I have both All Pro and BudBuilt. While the AllPro's will probably never let me down, they do not compare to the BudBuilts. Go Budbuilt.
What would you say are the main differences between the budbuilt and allpro? Do they fit better? thicker steel? Thanks man
Old 09-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #10
motivated learner

Thanks man. I noticed you have the shrockworks sliders. I've been teetering between the allpros and the shrocks. What do you think of your shrockworks? They seem to be a little pricey, worth the doe? Does anyone else have the allpro sliders? Thanks
Old 09-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldbastard View Post
Thanks man. I noticed you have the shrockworks sliders. I've been teetering between the allpros and the shrocks. What do you think of your shrockworks? They seem to be a little pricey, worth the doe? Does anyone else have the allpro sliders? Thanks
hodge has allpro sliders

as for skids...believe me...you will NOT be disappointed with budbuilts stuff...ive come down HARD on mine several times and only the belly pan is dented...the front skid still looks flawless
Old 09-29-2008, 09:55 AM   #12
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
I've always heard nothing but great things about budbuilt
Old 09-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #13
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running some modified BudBuilt skids. His stuff is insane.
Attached Thumbnails
Skid recomendations-img_2463_800.jpg  
Old 09-29-2008, 06:25 PM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
Order Budbuilts

Check and double check
yep

if anyone is ever lucky enough to meet bud...he is an incredible guy and he builds an incredible product

he's been running his own skids on his own truck for years and he will wheel the piss out of that truck

When i first ordered my skid he remembered me and my truck from the first time i met him and still to this day when i call him to discuss stuff he remembers my truck and asks how certain stuff is holding up etc...

i will promote his stuff till its no longer available
Old 09-29-2008, 11:02 PM   #15
motivated learner

Quote:
I love my Shrockworks sliders. They have paid for themselves time and time again. If you could see them you could tell that I've tested them many times. I've had them being the only thing from preventing me from rolling down a hill, they are stout! Hell this past weekend my bro-in-law forgot to set his parking park on his Rubicon.. damn thing rolled down a hill and into the side of my truck. My sliders stopped it and there was no damage to the truck. Thankfully. Granted a rolling Jeep isn't much of a test.
That one hell of a review. Give your brother in law a cold bitchslap for me. Unless anyone can top that I think I now which way I'm leaning. Thanks man!
Old 09-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #16
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW I jacked up the driver's side of my truck to work on the front suspension, got distracted mid-project, and didn't get back to the garage until 3 days later. I used a HiLift and the outer round tube of the Shrockworks sliders as the jacking point.

Left like that for 3 days and there's absolutely no warping on those sliders. The jack wasn't even close to any of the frame mounts either. They're well worth the cost and any wait!
Old 10-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #17
motivated learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
FWIW I jacked up the driver's side of my truck to work on the front suspension, got distracted mid-project, and didn't get back to the garage until 3 days later. I used a HiLift and the outer round tube of the Shrockworks sliders as the jacking point.

Left like that for 3 days and there's absolutely no warping on those sliders. The jack wasn't even close to any of the frame mounts either. They're well worth the cost and any wait!
Did you have the 2 or 3 tube model?
Old 10-06-2008, 07:41 AM   #18

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldbastard View Post
Did you have the 2 or 3 tube model?
3 tube, and for me they shipped the sliders with the frame mounts detached so I could position them to work with my cage. Great guys and they'll work with you to make sure you're happy with the product.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #19
Stop talking and START wheeling
RicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really nice

Army: Co.C 6/31st Inf.
RicnDenver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have both All Pro and BudBuilt. While the AllPro's will probably never let me down, they do not compare to the BudBuilts. Go Budbuilt.
that right there is some AWESOME input, from someone that has BOTH...
Old 10-22-2008, 07:02 PM   #20
TexasChaos is on a distinguished road
TexasChaos's Tacoma Gallery
can you run the budbuilt even if you have an allpro bumper?