1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Booby traps

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by Chickenmunga, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Sep 30, 2008 at 1:34 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga [OP] Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    and it made me a bit sick. All the discussion necessary has been said in their forum, but I thought I'd spread the word to keep folks safe.

2. Sep 30, 2008 at 1:40 PM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    Yea - that is BS.

3. Sep 30, 2008 at 1:45 PM
    05PreRunner

05PreRunner "Living life in the FAST lane..."

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    TRD intake, JBA "shorty" headers, URD y-pipe
  4. Sep 30, 2008 at 1:58 PM
    DFPTaco

DFPTaco It's TACO time!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    19 DC SB TRD OFF ROAD
    little lift, wheels and tires, prinsu rack, TRD Pro grille, some lights, and some scratches.
    Now that shit pisses me off. I live in a rural area and when I moved in I was one of maybe a handfull of residents in my neighborhood. Now there are more and of course some of them are a bunch of whiners trying to take over and complaining about everything. I live in the desert and our neighborhood is surrounded by trails and such. I change the fluids in my CRF250 and then run them for a few minutes to get eveything moving. I left my garage on a saturday about 2 in the afternoon and this douche bag indian guy (like dot head indian, no feathers) and his fat wife come out and call me over to thier fence. I go over there and they start complaining about the noise and such. I was never disrespectful and kept speeds and noise down as much as possible, so I explained to them that it was only for a max of 5 minutes and in the middle of the day so kick back and deal with it. Literally a week later I was walking my dogs on the trails and caught that guy putting a HUGE rock around a blind curve. He essentially set up a trap that if I hit on my bike could have broken bones or even paralyzed me. He set it up so I would hit it. Not so I would see it and not ride there any more, but in a blind curve where I would hit it and injur myself. The first time he saw me I had a helmet on so he had no idea who I was when I came up to him with my dogs, I asked what he was doing. And he explained some guy with his dirt bike rides back here and that this would stop him. At that point I told him that I was that guy on the bike and went ape on him because he was basically threating my life with this trap. So I threatened his life at that point, smacked his ass around a bit untill he came close to crying, then I made him remove his trap and explained that if he did it again it would be much of the same. I went home got my bike and went to his fence and roosted his whole yard, pool, windows everything. He just watched me. I wasn't being disrespectful the first time when he asked me to stop, I never rode any longer than needed to get fluids moving and the engine warmed up. He took it to a place where someone could have gotten hurt, and I wasn't the only one who rode out there, there are kids 12 or 13 years old that ride out there on the weekends for a little bit, what if one of them hit that thing? They could have litteraly been killed! People who do that shit deserve to be curbied. Ass holes

5. Sep 30, 2008 at 2:12 PM
    dually

dually Low and slow

Member:
    Interstate underpass
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno SR5 DCLB
    0805080928a_69cd93a778cf0f1b0f07b63aadd4e349ea16dd97.jpg

Ive found several of those dug into the ground^ on local trails

6. Sep 30, 2008 at 2:14 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Wow thats amazing i seriously cant believe people like that. And whats worse he admitted it.

7. Sep 30, 2008 at 2:16 PM
    DFPTaco

DFPTaco It's TACO time!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    19 DC SB TRD OFF ROAD
    little lift, wheels and tires, prinsu rack, TRD Pro grille, some lights, and some scratches.
    The trails have been clear since, and now he waves at me when I'm out walking my dogs. Spineless...

8. Sep 30, 2008 at 2:48 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Holy crap!!! i can't imaging me or my son runnng into that on the trail. :eek: Some people need to be shot

-Dan

9. Sep 30, 2008 at 2:59 PM
    dually

dually Low and slow

Member:
    Interstate underpass
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno SR5 DCLB
    Oh, i probably had a stack of 20 of them. The shithead kept putting them in the same spot.

10. Sep 30, 2008 at 3:00 PM
    DFPTaco

DFPTaco It's TACO time!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    19 DC SB TRD OFF ROAD
    Yes sir, and a 12 guage cure for all thier sickness.

11. Sep 30, 2008 at 3:12 PM
    silver07taco

silver07taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    COIL
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    13 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4,07 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    2013 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4, 2007 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    That just pisses me off:mad:, No reason of doin that at all, Im with silverback 4x4 and a shovel.

12. Sep 30, 2008 at 3:21 PM
    dually

dually Low and slow

Member:
    Interstate underpass
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno SR5 DCLB
    yeh, it wasnt even private land. It was public OHV trails.

13. Oct 2, 2008 at 8:47 PM
    GasTiresOil

GasTiresOil Glockin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 Tundra RW
    I was gonna go through a huge mudhole on some state land. My buddy talked me out of it. Found out a few daze later someone had chucked a shopping cart and a bbq grille into it and it was below the water surface. Got tangled up under a jeep, would have really tore up my taco.

14. Oct 2, 2008 at 8:59 PM
    ajviper7

ajviper7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    FL Panhandle
    Vehicle:
    08 silver TRD OR 4x4 AC
    That must have been a damn deep hole to hide a shopping cart and a grille. It's a good thing you didn't drive through it.

15. Oct 2, 2008 at 11:01 PM
    GasTiresOil

GasTiresOil Glockin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 Tundra RW
    it was MUCH deep than it looked. very glad I didnt try it. would have def needed to be winched out

16. Oct 3, 2008 at 6:26 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    NICE!!! :D that took balls my man..and gave me a fuzzy!!

Time for the ski mask visit on some of this shiZzzzzit above

17. Oct 3, 2008 at 12:15 PM
    Neubs

Neubs Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Offroad DC 4X4
    ToyTec 5100 Bilstein Adjustable Coilovers w/ Eibach Springs | OME Darkar Leaf Springs | 5150 10" Bilstein Rear Shocks| Light Racing UCAs | All Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit | Timbren Rear Bumps | Extended Stainless Steel Rear Brake Lines | ARB CKMA12 On-Board Air Compressor | Method 16" Race Wheels | Goodyear 285/70/16 MTR | 48" Hi-Lift Jack | ToyTec Diff Drop | Warn Hitch Shackle | TRD Cold Air Intake | PIAA Intense White Bulbs | PIAA Silicone Wipers | Toyota Bed Mat |Sockmonkey Graphics | 20% Tint | Sport Hood | Scan Gauge II & Blend Mount | Shrockworks Sliders | ARB Bumper | Warn M8000 Winch | Viking Synthetic Winch line | 12-Volt Guy In-Dash Winch Controller | Viking Delrin Rollers | Daystar Winch Isolator| ARB/IPF 900XS Lights | Weather Tech Liners | Rock Lights | Diff Breather Mod | Extra Bed D-Rings | Misc. LED bulbs throughout
    This is seriously NOT cool...what kind of A-Hole would do such a thing? Like Silverback said...I would love to catch someone setting one of these up....:mad:

18. Oct 3, 2008 at 1:03 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    Find someone planting those and who needs a shovel, Just take the spike strip outta their trembling hands and beat em with it!:mad:

19. Oct 3, 2008 at 1:15 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    holy sh#*, now that take some real cookies to do something like that. Hey, I take my girls out alot when I go, what happens if I stop, and one slips when she gets out of the truck and hits one of those. If that or the other happened I bet I would be doing some time.

20. Oct 3, 2008 at 1:22 PM
    DFPTaco

DFPTaco It's TACO time!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    19 DC SB TRD OFF ROAD
    Nah, people who do things like that don't deserve that kind of justice. They deserve the kind that comes out of my glove box. One behind the ear, like a dog with rabies. I look at that as a threat to me and mine. My little brothers ride, my little sister goes out there with them, my fiance rides, if any of them got hurt by a well placed rock or some spikes. There aren't prison walls high enough to keep me from you.

Products Discussed in

To Top