1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Treehuggers and environmentalists meet here!!!!! STAMP OUT ORV USE!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by 4x4Runner, May 13, 2011.

1. May 13, 2011 at 8:57 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner [OP] Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
  2. May 14, 2011 at 2:55 AM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    I hate these people. I do mean hate.

3. May 14, 2011 at 3:47 AM
    Dmonkey

Dmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    VZN159L (2002 DC)
    Eibach height adjust shocks in front, KYB monomax shocks in the back. Stock springs front and back. Level 8 MK6 10mm offset wheels on Cooper ATP tires (stock size)
    The problem is someone thought it was a good idea to give these enviro wackos a voice.

I'm against letting hippies have their foot traffic parks:

I'm all for keeping our forests and such looking clean and nice but these people just see vehicle usage as a problem. What about the roads they carve up into the mountians so these nitwits can drive their hybrids up to the mountains to then go hiking around on trails that end up being bigger and wider and the banks all chewed up because people dont want to step in mud, or trees getting all fubar from people turning their roots into a ladder.

I've been to many of these parks in various areas and there are tons of trails everywhere unless its fenced off. so now we have fenced off areas which i'm sure dick up the animals natural habitat, you have roads going in which disturb tons of everything, you have restrooms, so now you have water usage, waste disposal and usually some asshole gift shop and parking lots.

Now lets say you have a 4x4 taco in the same mountain areas. you go out on a logging road, wheel on an old ass logging road that isn't maintained, go back out onto a newer logging road and camp in a clearing it passes through, you pack in and out all of your shit since you have storage for it (your truck). So what really takes up more space here?

as far as OHV parks, sure close them all down so any hillside you see, private property or not has been broken into and hills climbed and rutted out which will lead to massive erosion, fields getting all ripped up etc. I come from an area with no OHV parks nearby and that is what you get, massive illegal wheeling. To fix the problem of vehicles being offroad and ruining the environment, they will end up destroying more land. too bad environmentalism is a cult now.

4. May 14, 2011 at 3:49 AM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    Shit, not that club again.

5. May 14, 2011 at 3:53 AM
    Dmonkey

Dmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    VZN159L (2002 DC)
    Eibach height adjust shocks in front, KYB monomax shocks in the back. Stock springs front and back. Level 8 MK6 10mm offset wheels on Cooper ATP tires (stock size)
    you posting reminds me lol If anyone is looking for a badass offroad park, drive any section of the 99 freeway in cali, its more rough then most trails i've been on hahaha

Products Discussed in

To Top