Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Toughest tire made

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #21
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
i'll tell you what's not...

duratracs...great tires but sidewall not the most reliable

happened while aired down to ~20psi, very rocky terrain but should not have happened
question is "c" load / 265

or tougher thicker "e" load / 285 ?
Old 05-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #22
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
e is tougher, but it is independant of size, and the rubber will be the same compound (think resistance to slicing in these cases) as long as you are comparing c and e of with the same tire modle
Old 05-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #23
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
pit bull
Old 05-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #24
GWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the rough
Name: justin
GWL's Tacoma Gallery
Firestone Destination M/T for me, been through every element including very rocky terrain and I have yet to have any problems. I have been running these for over 3 years now
Old 05-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #25
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
For me it is Toyos. They are going to last me 50,000+, I have about 35,000 miles now. I never worry about them on the trail and I air down to 15psi.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #26
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
question is "c" load / 265

or tougher thicker "e" load / 285 ?
285/70/17

Load range D

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....TOWL&tab=Specs
Old 05-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #27
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWL View Post
Firestone Destination M/T for me, been through every element including very rocky terrain and I have yet to have any problems. I have been running these for over 3 years now
i ran Destination MTs one season... great tire on road and off...

i have been running the KM2s in load range E for the past two years and they have held up in the rocky desert terrain... no tears...
Old 05-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #28
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
KM2's for life. I love mine and I trust them anywhere I go.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #30
Got Beer?
BeerHat will become famous soon enoughBeerHat will become famous soon enough

BeerHat's Tacoma Gallery
For a radial, Toyo m/ts, a little pricey though.
For bias ply, I would venture with swamper tsl/sx, grooved
Old 05-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #31
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Same here on the MTRs. Nick hated them, but I like them so far. More than the KM2. After windrock my KM2s looked bad. Tires were cut to shit.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #32
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedToy View Post
This:

On this:

7200lb LX450, taco'ing a sidewall. We drove about 100miles to the trail, spent 10 hours on the trail and drove back home.

Awesome tires.
scrolling down I was hoping someone would mention how tough MT's were.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #33
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
scrolling down I was hoping someone would mention how tough MT's were.
Mickeys FTMFW!
Old 09-19-2012, 04:15 AM   #34
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
lil thread revival but yea theres a good reason why we border patrol agents use the KM2s loud on the highway but offroad i never worry!

funny i ended up gettin the nitto trail grapplers for my truck. someone tried to slash my back left tire....i laughed when i finally noticed it, even tho i was alittle pissed at the same time. i drove for about 2months on and offroad until they could get a new tire in stock and never any problems, guys at discount tire were suprised how deep it was and still kept going without a blowout
Old 09-19-2012, 05:07 AM   #35
amadougrand is on a distinguished road

amadougrand's Tacoma Gallery
Maxxis Bighorn 10ply and couldn't be happier. I am very hard in tires and the Les Schwab crowd used to get nervous when they saw me coming as they new it was a another warranty tire. Not the case now days.

They have been great in both mud/snow and I have yet to tear a sidewall despite heavy punishment. There is a lot of clay in my area so clean out qualities are critical and these are the best I have ever had.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #36
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
My km2s did fine, they chunked pretty badly but i never tore a sidewall. Did a little wheeling around my house shortly after I got MTRs and tore a sidewall. They seem to hook up pretty well but im always scared now of tearing a sidewall.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #37
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
I loved my original MT/R's, They hooked up great the whole life of the tire never had a problem with the sidewalls. Too bad they don't make them anymore.

*edit* Got 60K out of those tires, still had about 15% tread left when I replaced them.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #38
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Firestone destination MT have been very good to me.
Rocks, sand and some mud. No blow outs and only 1 small cut on the side wall that is very shallow.
Did 150 miles of trails in Colorado, 100 straight miles of logging roads in Oklahoma and various adventures around here.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #39
Blygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Blygy's Tacoma Gallery
Michellin XL or XML.. not a real good fit on a Tacoma. but very tough tires..

900/16 might fit OK on a big lifted Taco.. 36" high but only 9" wide
Old 09-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #40
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
this:

have 6 months with em, already went offroading several times with them at 10psi 0 problems.

Products Discussed in this Thread