Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Tacoma earned its striped today at Gorman PICS

Old 06-08-2011, 10:58 PM   #1
DAVE94LIGHTNING is a splendid one to beholdDAVE94LIGHTNING is a splendid one to beholdDAVE94LIGHTNING is a splendid one to beholdDAVE94LIGHTNING is a splendid one to beholdDAVE94LIGHTNING is a splendid one to beholdDAVE94LIGHTNING is a splendid one to behold
DAVE94LIGHTNING's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma earned its striped today at Gorman PICS

Bone stock truck with wheels and tires Low experienced driver too. We did the Pronghorn trail. DAMN that one hill climb was fun.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Tires are probably the most important component to wheeling.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:18 PM   #3
DAVE94LIGHTNING is a splendid one to beholdDAVE94LIGHTNING is a splendid one to beholdDAVE94LIGHTNING is a splendid one to beholdDAVE94LIGHTNING is a splendid one to beholdDAVE94LIGHTNING is a splendid one to beholdDAVE94LIGHTNING is a splendid one to behold

Airing down for some fun

Cannot believe that I made it up this hill. Insane

Old 06-08-2011, 11:22 PM   #4
2 is 1, 1 is none.
StaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to behold

Army: HIARNG
Name: Mitch
StaticTaco's Tacoma Gallery
awesome looking pics! its really interesting to see how much a set of wheels and tires changes the whole look of a 'stock' truck.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #6
BIG MoFukin SERG is on a distinguished road

Name: Serg
BIG MoFukin SERG's Tacoma Gallery
Nice...Hungry Valley is a lot of fun...what kind of tires are those? Toyo's?
Old 06-08-2011, 11:41 PM   #7
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
You sir have a sexy truck
Old 06-08-2011, 11:52 PM   #8
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Did you wheel alone?... usually not a good idea... but looks like you had a good time
Old 06-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #9
Tires are BFG mud terrains.

We aired down to 45psi and did the hardpack in 2wd, the soft river sand in 4 hi, the hills in 4 low and only used the locker on the big hill climb at the very top.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #10
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE94LIGHTNING View Post
Tires are BFG mud terrains.

We aired down to 45psi and did the hardpack in 2wd, the soft river sand in 4 hi, the hills in 4 low and only used the locker on the big hill climb at the very top.

I only run 32psi on the street try about 15psi to 20psi next time you will be amazed on how well your truck will do.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #11
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics man! Awesome wheel/tire combo. I like those BFG MT's better then the KM2's.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #12
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Air down to 20 PSI.

45 isn't really airing down at all. When you start seeing the tire bubble is when you know you're starting to gain the benefits of airing down. Just don't do donuts while aired down, you're more likely to push the tire off the bead.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #13
Yes I'm used to my F-250 super duty. I ran 65 psi on street and dropped to 40 psi for sand. On the taco I run 60 psi street also
Old 06-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Nice pics man! Awesome wheel/tire combo. I like those BFG MT's better then the KM2's.
Exactly why I hunted for them for so long. Not a huge fan of the KM2s
Old 06-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #15
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes I'm used to my F-250 super duty. I ran 65 psi on street and dropped to 40 psi for sand. On the taco I run 60 psi street also
holy crap dude! Thats a lot of PSI
Old 06-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #16
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
...when you said earned its striped I thought you were referring to pin stripes from off roading in tight trails
Old 06-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #17
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well sorry to tell you bud 40 is not low enough for these little trucks and running your tires at 60 is not good for your tires.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #18
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you better quit that shit before you ruin your tires. run 35 tops.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #19
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Im pretty sure that those BFG MTs are 55psi max cold, so you should be running them at 45 to 50 psi on the street and air down to15 or 20 psi when offroading. but if they are 55psi max then you definitely cant run them at 35psi on the street, the side walls are not built for that. Im running the grabber red letter 33x12.50 r17 and the max psi for those cold is 36psi so yeah on the street i can run them at 30 psi on the street and i air down to 15psi all around in the soft stuff!
Old 06-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #20
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
you better quit that shit before you ruin your tires. run 35 tops.
He cant run those tires at 35psi on the streets. those tires are meant to hold 55psi max cold so on the street he can only safely run them at around 45psi to 50psi! They are not the same as tires that only require 36psi max cold!