Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

First timer...

Old 10-12-2008, 12:30 AM   #1
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
First timer...

Went offroading for the first time today. Found random quad trails near where I go to college.

Had a blast but I have one question for you guys with manual transmissions...

How do you do it? I was slipping the clutch a LOT and it wasn't smelling too good.

There were only two trucks (me and my friend.) My friend was leading the way and when we got up to some muddy water he just floored it. Watching all kind of mud come right at you kinda sucks, but is also pretty neat haha! Got some nice carolina pinstripes that I was almost able to get completely out.

My truck was the dirtiest and cleanest it's ever been today since I've owned it!
Old 10-12-2008, 12:32 AM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Can't help you with the technical stuff, but did you get pics?
Old 10-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't agree more with Derek...especially coming from 2 San Diego guys that are waiting for rain so that we can go off-roading. Call it jealously I guess. We want pictures!
Old 10-12-2008, 02:12 PM   #4
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Can't help you with the technical stuff, but did you get pics?
Unfortunately I didn't. I should have brought my camera .

My truck looked like it was winking though. Half of the front was covered in mud and the other half was pretty clean!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:05 PM   #5
bhtyler10 is on a distinguished road

bhtyler10's Tacoma Gallery
REally when in a tacoma with good tires, unless you know the mud is deep and you might struggle though it, there is no need to floor into it. Just ease in it a slow to moderate speed in 4 wheel, and when it is needed, then you really gas it. if you get stuck, if you can still wiggle back in forth in reverse and drive, you can get it out. you know what they say " if a tacoma can move, its not stuck"