LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

How do/would you treat your brand new truck?

View Poll Results: HOw would you treat your brand new truck regarding off-roading
Baby it always 321 21.44%
Baby it for a break-in period, then show it the ropes 810 54.11%
Go directly from the dealership to the trails and never look back 366 24.45%
Voters: 1497. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2013, 03:34 AM   #261
top flight security
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGralnic View Post
Agreed. You shouldn't give a girl the impression you're a softy then manhandle her and have her expect it. trucks are just like girls. get to know them, and let them get used to you before you feel under her skirt.
trucks are nothing like girls, atleast not the type i've been with.

my truck has yet to get nasty fluid all over my face and cheat and waste all my money, well wait it does that, and the truck doesnt bitch at me when i say i want to go to gamestop
Old 04-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #262
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
trucks are nothing like girls, atleast not the type i've been with.

my truck has yet to get nasty fluid all over my face and cheat and waste all my money, well wait it does that, and the truck doesnt bitch at me when i say i want to go to gamestop

Nope, she goes along for the ride!

Not that I play video games, cuz I don't! : P
Old 04-18-2013, 06:19 AM   #263
Raoul Duke is on a distinguished road

Name: CJ
Raoul Duke's Tacoma Gallery
Heres some of last weekend, 10 000kms on it, at least 2000 of them have been in the woods, the paint is pretty well ruined, two minor dents and LOTS of dragging the bottom over shit.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #264
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! ^^ love it.

If I were to get a 2013 taco, I'd wrap it before I wheeled it.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #265
Raoul Duke is on a distinguished road

Name: CJ
Raoul Duke's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I had wrapped it!!! too late now
Old 04-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #266
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Since I use a truck as a tool to make money, it gets proper mechanical care so as to make it last. (my gen 1 Tacoma was in service for 17 years) It's never spotlessly clean and accumulates scratches and dings and dents over the years, but mechanically it's always tip top so as to always be in service. A down truck loses money.

I always buy new for cash and sell the old one to defray the cost of the new one. For example, bought a new 1988 for $8,800 cash. Sold it in three days for $3,000 when I bought a new 1996 for $10,000 cash. So it was like getting a new truck for $7,000.

This time I bought a nearly new 2012 for $19,000 cash, and am getting the 1996 ready to sell to offset the cost of the 2012. The 2012 will likely end up costing me less than $15,000 because the 1996 is in excellent mechanical condition.

That's the difference between using things...

...and using them up.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #267
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
When I got mine I fully intended on keeping it flawlessly detailed and stock
Which I did for the first two weeks...

That turned into spending just under a grand each month on mods for the last three months

And mild abuse on trails every weekend, a few dents underneath from rocks and pin striping all over thanks to brush.
But I love it.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #268
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
My truck isn't exactly new, but it is new to me and the day after I got it I took it to the riverbed and wheeled the crap out of it with some friends
Old 06-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #269
yesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really nice

yesmar's Tacoma Gallery
It says 10miles offroad a month. I got to a week and had to get on some dirt, also less then 1500miles now and I pulled a 3750lbs car 2blocks up a hill.

Its a Tacoma. Use it!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #271
Atleast it wasn't Green!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SGT, Cannon Crew Member, A Btry 1-148th FA
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmar View Post
It says 10miles offroad a month. I got to a week and had to get on some dirt, also less then 1500miles now and I pulled a 3750lbs car 2blocks up a hill.

Its a Tacoma. Use it!
10 miles in 4x4 which should only really been done offroad so yeah basically 10 miles a month offroad. it's to keep the 4wd system lubed up and freely moving.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #273
ChrisGralnic is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
ChrisGralnic's Tacoma Gallery
I recently fucked my tailgate up real good towing with it down by accident. Now when I see her, all I see is a workhorse. She's not a baby anymore. She's broken in. Mechanically prestine, but a utilitarian on the outside eventually I will replace it and repaint the whole truck (rusty scratches). Then, she will be babied once again.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #274
Adub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: corps of engineers
Name: Adam
Adub4real's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my 13 with 5 miles and at 500 miles I was out on a run I had been planning all winter to run originally in my 05 taco. I planned the run I.E. called Dirt Mcgirt 2013, and just couldnt see myself riding b*tch with someone during a run I planned. So I would say get at least 500 miles on it to wear in new gears and shit, then head right to the mud and trails. After all why did you buy a Tacoma in the first place. Im sure it wasnt meant to be a trailer queen right? The scratches will buff out, lol at least most of them!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #275
SAVAGE WARFARE
Robotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobotoco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roberto
Robotoco's Tacoma Gallery
just about 3 months i'ma have a band new toco and damn i'm go off roading, it's what it's for and i'ma have fun with the money i put in too it, if i'ma pay money for it, i'ma use it!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #277
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
drive it like you stole it
Attached Thumbnails
How do/would you treat your brand new truck?-mudr.jpg  
Old 07-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #278
13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed
13Greysled's Tacoma Gallery
Baby it for break in period.

Enjoy afterward
Old 07-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #279
Tin Ninja
ZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shedZKuhl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: zane
ZKuhl's Tacoma Gallery
i have 3000 miles on her so far atleast 2000 of it off road already broke a fog lite off and scrfatched the piss out of it i feel bad until the next day then i plan the next excersion tacos kick ass everyone thinks im nuken futs offroading a brand new truck....
Old 07-28-2013, 01:25 AM   #280
subwayaz is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft, Maint
subwayaz's Tacoma Gallery
With my 2012 or any new car/truck/ or engine; I baby it until break in period is done then gradually take the level up.

Products Discussed in this Thread