Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

How do/would you treat your brand new truck?

View Poll Results: HOw would you treat your brand new truck regarding off-roading
Baby it always 321 21.44%
Baby it for a break-in period, then show it the ropes 810 54.11%
Go directly from the dealership to the trails and never look back 366 24.45%
Voters: 1497. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #281
SFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud of

Name: Brett C
SFSMedic's Tacoma Gallery
Still waiting on armor and bumper(ordered it last week) but I took my less than a year old 2012 Tacoma through Gold Mountain Trail (rated Black, difficult) in Big bear yesterday nonetheless. Lost a mud flap and scraped a rim.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #282
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish020 View Post
I kept my truck stock until it was paid for....
^^^

X2... well, it's still pretty stock; but, that's just cause I don't have any money right now

I've got a 95.5 though
If I actually had a 2013 that I commited to pay 20+ K for, I think I'd be scared to even drive it
Old 08-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #283
subwayaz is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft, Maint
subwayaz's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

You can always have faith in your Taco or Toy. And with everything els a little commonsense goes a long way
Old 08-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #284
Goon
MagicBeef will become famous soon enoughMagicBeef will become famous soon enough
Name: Marc
MagicBeef's Tacoma Gallery
Drove my truck off the lot with 7 miles on the ODO. Won't see any aftermarket parts (past an AAL depending on how this TSB situation pans out) until she's paid for. And tires. Maybe a lift to accomodate the biger rubber... Lights would be nice too for those dark northern nights... Shit.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:31 AM   #285
PCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
PCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I treat mine like a piece of machinery, not a piece of jewelry. Maintain it well, but don't worry about the paintjob.

Also drive it like you stole it.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #286
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCTaco View Post
I treat mine like a piece of machinery, not a piece of jewelry. Maintain it well, but don't worry about the paintjob.

Also drive it like you stole it.
best explanation i've read yet! thats perfect!
Old 08-08-2013, 06:39 AM   #287
SFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud of

Name: Brett C
SFSMedic's Tacoma Gallery

By driving gold mt trail big bear

Testing the new Rancho Lift in the front that I'm not sure Rancho has released yet and my Dakar springs in the back.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #288
F*ck It, Why Not!
armyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 101st ABN
Name: Chip
armyofsquirrels's Tacoma Gallery
"I bought a truck to use it."

That's my response to my friend who keeps asking my WHY? Lol
Old 08-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #289
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
i tested it stock right away. then started changing things. new tires at 300 miles. plasti dipped it at 700 miles.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #290
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyofsquirrels View Post
"I bought a truck to use it."

That's my response to my friend who keeps asking my WHY? Lol

mine is why would i pay for it if i cant do what i want with it?
Old 08-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #291
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
baby it til paid off/warranty runs out (which ever first) then go for it. i figure by the time the warranty is up you should have enough money for everything at one time to do it right i.e. lift,wheels,tires etc.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #292
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I am babying mine and leaving it stock till I can get the money to lift it and armor my truck up
Old 08-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #293
SkottK62 is on a distinguished road
SkottK62's Tacoma Gallery
What if you buy a brand new model and pay it off full upon pick up. Do you wait for the warranty to expire or do you start lifting right away? That's what I'm debating. Got a 2014 on order and thinking a 3" inch lift and modding the front with new bumber and winch. Nothing radical. Just something beefy and strong. Armor it up some.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #294
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
First and foremost, she's a work truck so I can't baby her, I don't try to beat her up but I have to make money. I make it up to her by giving her an awesome detailing, I shit you not, if I have to put a clearcoat finish on, the whole job inside and out can take five hours. I detailed cars in another lifetime and nobody can satisfy me with their work. It's something like making love to your truck, if fact I treat my truck better than I do a lot of people. It's so satisfying that when she's all done and clean, I just have to smoke a cigarette and admire her.
This! My truck is largely a work truck as well, so I've gotta be rough with him some times. But I treat him with love and respect, and don't damage him intentionally.
When I do give Stonewall a bath, (which is kinda rare now) I clean him all the way, inside and out, and I did compound/wax him once, to see how got he could look. But it turns out there's nothing I could do that makes the sun damage and peeling clear coat look better, short of a paint job. (He was like that when I got him.)
He's got lots of dents and scratches on the tailgate, scratches running down the sides, and one tiny rust spot on the back of the cab, but that rust is still solid. I could probably sand it off real quick. The back bumper hangs down a bit, more so on the driver's side. I took it off and heated/hammered out the brackets, but it's still crooked. The driver's side corner light hangs out a bit, because this truck was apparently in a couple minor accidents before I got it. (When I got it, that quarter panel was a bit wavy, and the corner light had been busted out.) The vast majority of Stonewall's battle scars came from previous owners, but I know I'll give him plenty.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:37 AM   #295
tacoma4296 is on a distinguished road
Name: bobby
tacoma4296's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 2013 with 900 miles and im keeping it stock until its paid for, ive tested it stock but i like to baby her still. i had a little bad luck and lost a mudflap on a trail a few days after i got it but thats an easy fix!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #296
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma4296 View Post
i have a 2013 with 900 miles and im keeping it stock until its paid for, ive tested it stock but i like to baby her still. i had a little bad luck and lost a mudflap on a trail a few days after i got it but thats an easy fix!
Haha I'm driving my '13 now
I'm at 16k miles... And I lasted about a month before I caught the mod bug. If you're gonna take it off road, just unbolt the flaps now- once aired down properly, they sit about two inches off the ground. I ripped two off before I removed the rest to prevent damage.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #298
i treat it like a truck but i always make sure to keep it clean and maintained
Attached Thumbnails
How do/would you treat your brand new truck?-image.jpg  
Old 10-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Haha I'm driving my '13 now
I'm at 16k miles... And I lasted about a month before I caught the mod bug. If you're gonna take it off road, just unbolt the flaps now- once aired down properly, they sit about two inches off the ground. I ripped two off before I removed the rest to prevent damage.
i removed the oppositte side front mud flap so it cant rip off like the other. i didnt notice the rear ones even scraping but is there any risk of rust or erosion on my rockers?
Old 10-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #300
nucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
nucktaco's Tacoma Gallery
You might get rock chips that about it.