Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

How do/would you treat your brand new truck?

View Poll Results: HOw would you treat your brand new truck regarding off-roading
Baby it always 321 21.44%
Baby it for a break-in period, then show it the ropes 810 54.11%
Go directly from the dealership to the trails and never look back 366 24.45%
Voters: 1497. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #301
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
I took it from the dealership to the shop to the trails. Only 300 miles on my truck.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #302
GroundControl is a jewel in the roughGroundControl is a jewel in the roughGroundControl is a jewel in the roughGroundControl is a jewel in the rough

GroundControl's Tacoma Gallery
November, 2000. I had the tires upgraded to MTs at the dealership, stopped to pick up my wife (then fiance), and straight to the trails. I've never washed that mud from my hood insulator. Still there. I took a 12 year break from the dirt and mud, now I hit them almost every weekend.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #303
Zimaura is on a distinguished road

Name: Nj
Zimaura's Tacoma Gallery
Going to "BABY" mine, until i pay it off, and I have another daily driver vehicle. Then Ima beat the living SH*T out of it..
Old 10-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #304
Bearded Bandit
RigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RigidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohn617 View Post
I put some nice scratches down the right side the first month on a overgrown trail. It's just a truck in my eyes, Ill rebuild whatever breaks. Paint...eehh. I never try and beat my truck up, thats the last thing I want to do. But I push it where I need to go.
Well said!

Mines 4 months old from the lot and already small lift and bigger tires. Plan to take her down some easy trails in a couple weeks with some buddies.

A truck is a truck and i bought her to enjoy, camp, see the sights of the Rockies in my back yard. If i wanted to sit pretty I would have kept my Lexus.

That being said i wont do anything stupid LOL
Old 10-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #305
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma4296 View Post
i removed the oppositte side front mud flap so it cant rip off like the other. i didnt notice the rear ones even scraping but is there any risk of rust or erosion on my rockers?
Take em all off. I was actually surprised how little anything gets kicked up.
If you look close, they put thick textured paint on the bottom section of the whole truck- haven't seen any rock chips or excessive wear. I have noticed how they don't scrape EVERYTHING.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #306
Bearded Bandit
RigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RigidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Take em all off. I was actually surprised how little anything gets kicked up.
If you look close, they put thick textured paint on the bottom section of the whole truck- haven't seen any rock chips or excessive wear. I have noticed how they don't scrape EVERYTHING.
I agree, i get the odd large rock tossed up with the mud tires but no dings at all! Its nice to not hear that ugly scraping when you park or drive over something.

My plan is that if i do get scratches to paint the bottom couple of inches with bed bed liner, will be nice beside some rock sliders.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #308
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Do you guys ever drive on gravel roads ?
Yeah that's actually kinda all mine gets used for... We've got a couple of remote microwave stations that can only be accessed by a 4X every month and I'm the only one with something capable so it only leaves the driveway when I'm going camping or getting paid to haul ass up dirt and gravel mountain trails
Old 10-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #310
VATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
VATACOEXP's Tacoma Gallery
I don't beat on her purposely, but scratches and stuff of the sort doesn't cost me any sleep, it's a truck not an M3.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #311
Future President

Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Last month I can still call her a "new" truck before I have to politely bow out of this thread and hand it over to the '14s
and it's been one hell of a ride. Check le build page for all the crap on it.

How do/would you treat your brand new truck?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1383807144.789163.jpg
Here she sits 11 months old.
Sigh.... They grow up so fast....

Selling my stock suspension if anyone wants it.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #312
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Last month I can still call her a "new" truck before I have to politely bow out of this thread and hand it over to the '14s
and it's been one hell of a ride. Check le build page for all the crap on it.

Attachment 240851
Here she sits 11 months old.
Sigh.... They grow up so fast....

Selling my stock suspension if anyone wants it.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #313
dsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DSJ
dsjones5's Tacoma Gallery
I'd treat it like a newly born baby Jesus... until it got a single scratch or dent... then FTW.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #314
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjones5 View Post
I'd treat it like a newly born baby Jesus... until it got a single scratch or dent... then FTW.

x2 babied my truck forever until it got a few pin striping and dents due to hoodlums now its whenever i can lol
Old 11-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #315
F*ck It, Why Not!
armyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 101st ABN
Name: Chip
armyofsquirrels's Tacoma Gallery
I was talking to one of the guys I met at a meet in PA who said he babied his first Tacoma it never went off the pavement, and lost it to frame rust within three years, so when he bought a new one he decided to use it and have fun.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #316
F*ck It, Why Not!
armyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 101st ABN
Name: Chip
armyofsquirrels's Tacoma Gallery
Also at our last meet up in PA spoke with another guy that has a silver dollar sized hole in his frame it's an 09.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #317
Where we're going, we don't need roads
greeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

greeneggsnspam's Tacoma Gallery
4 days after getting my truck, I take it to a friend's farm to do a little off-roading. Ended up with a little pin striping. Not even mad.

Beats having the first scratch at a parking lot.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #318
Tacomamba is on a distinguished road
Tacomamba's Tacoma Gallery
From the dealership to the dirt. And then same night vBulletin I went mudding with only 150 miles on the truck. I have the warranty was what I told myself. Also the dealership let me take the truck home on a test ride. So I was not sure if I was going to buy so I drove it hard to compare to my 2012. One thing is that I did not brake hard. Take off fast hard but little maybe and then per manual did not drive slow all time or in lower gears for too long and changed rpms regularly. Its a tacoma man
Old 11-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #320
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
I treat it like a 2 dollar whore.