Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

How do/would you treat your brand new truck?

View Poll Results: HOw would you treat your brand new truck regarding off-roading
Baby it always 321 21.44%
Baby it for a break-in period, then show it the ropes 810 54.11%
Go directly from the dealership to the trails and never look back 366 24.45%
Voters: 1497. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2011, 08:20 AM   #21
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I babied the truck until I went long travel up front then I thought I was unstoppable. Muhahahaha!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #22
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Mines 11 years old but when I started driving it last year I took it real easy with my driving habits and made sure not to scratch it up. Since then my driving habits have changed a lot and she doesn't see a day where I don't push her hard. She's a lot more scratched up than she used to be but she's also turning into a work truck and the plan is to get a line-x job in a year or two
Old 06-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #23
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
my tacoma filed domestic abuse charges against me.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #24
Tacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacoma831's Tacoma Gallery
I have custom scratches that I had installed by my local 4x4 trail. They look real nice and add character to the truck. These are complimented nicely by a few dents on the rear bumper, bedsides, and roof.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #25
TacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Billyson
TacoBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
I babied the truck until I went long travel up front then I thought I was unstoppable. Muhahahaha!
Beaverton is cool!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #26
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
i have about 2,500 miles on my truck and it looks horrible! Bad day on the trails and has a lot of bad scratches pretty much everywhere. Yesterday I put a hammer on my bumper and forgot about it and opened the tail gate.... took all the paint off in a nice 1 inch line. I have more scratches on it in my 3 months of owning it then my last car that was 8 years old. Makes me sick!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #27
TacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoBS's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #28
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
bought my 2010 new...200 miles later i was stuck in the middle of a mud pit...lol option 3
Old 06-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #29
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
When I bought my '06 new, I had it stuck in the mud and ice within the first 5 days while chasing down some quail. No lift, stock crap tires, but I didn't care. Still have the scratches on the paint from our gloves trying to push on it while getting it unstuck. Never looked back since.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #30
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty easy break in. Made sure I didn't keep at one constant speed, brake hard, or haul/tow heavy load for first 500.

After that been sure to hit high speeds, use the 4x4 in different ranges. I still tend to drive a bit soft (part it is me and part the 2.7L performs well that way; it's not my wife's turbo VW and not expected to be fast off the line)

MPG started to improve around 10,000 miles. I am not sure if motor is broken in now or switch from winter to summer gas, I guess a combo.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #31
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Enjoyed it until the warranty was up, then it was game on. Thanks to the mileage restriction that took about 10 months.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #32
siskiyou blues is on a distinguished road

Name: Carl
siskiyou blues's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBS View Post
Beaverton is cool!

HAHAHAHA.

Right

And for this thread mine has been on trails, loaded all the way up constantly and then blew up a deer. All before 10k on the odo.
It's my work truck and therefore is treated like one. I don't abuse it, but I expect it to do what I need it to do. Killing deer is just a bonus.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #33

TacoBS's Tacoma Gallery
Beaverton is wet too!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #34
ohdrj1all will become famous soon enoughohdrj1all will become famous soon enough

ohdrj1all's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have one yet, but I will be buying a brand new Tacoma 4x4 before years' end (either a new 2012 or a left over new 2011 after the 2012s come out). I voted baby it because that's what I know I'd do... unless I needed it. Then all bets are off... IOW, I would not go out looking for ways to prove it could wheel... but if I found myself in a situation that required that I get aggressive then so be it.

But generally I try not to beat on my stuff.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #35
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I took mine straight to the trail bud
Old 06-27-2011, 11:22 PM   #37
transplant is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: theo
transplant's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohn617 View Post
I put some nice scratches down the right side the first month on a overgrown trail. It's just a truck in my eyes, Ill rebuild whatever breaks. Paint...eehh. I never try and beat my truck up, thats the last thing I want to do. But I push it where I need to go.
i had just passed 2k miles when i put the first scratches from overgrown trails on it. i was sweet as pie to that truck before then.. i still take care of it.. but its a truck.. im gonna play and use it for what it was intended.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #38
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery

Old 06-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #39
Ian.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really nice
Name: Ian
Ian.Avila's Tacoma Gallery
I just hit 10,000 Miles

My front axle seals are leaking
Big dent Access cab rear door
Dent on the passenger side bed
Scratches everywhere
Mud/Water inside
Tore off my skids a couple times, had to bend them back together. (Need new ones)

I chose #3
Old 06-28-2011, 08:37 AM   #40

TacoBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rubi View Post
Second weekend after buying it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I took mine straight to the trail bud
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohdrj1all View Post
I don't have one yet, but I will be buying a brand new Tacoma 4x4 before years' end (either a new 2012 or a left over new 2011 after the 2012s come out). I voted baby it because that's what I know I'd do... unless I needed it. Then all bets are off... IOW, I would not go out looking for ways to prove it could wheel... but if I found myself in a situation that required that I get aggressive then so be it.

But generally I try not to beat on my stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant View Post
i had just passed 2k miles when i put the first scratches from overgrown trails on it. i was sweet as pie to that truck before then.. i still take care of it.. but its a truck.. im gonna play and use it for what it was intended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian.Avila View Post
I just hit 10,000 Miles

My front axle seals are leaking
Big dent Access cab rear door
Dent on the passenger side bed
Scratches everywhere
Mud/Water inside
Tore off my skids a couple times, had to bend them back together. (Need new ones)

I chose #3