LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

How do/would you treat your brand new truck?

View Poll Results: HOw would you treat your brand new truck regarding off-roading
Baby it always 321 21.44%
Baby it for a break-in period, then show it the ropes 810 54.11%
Go directly from the dealership to the trails and never look back 366 24.45%
Voters: 1497. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2011, 08:51 AM   #41
Underprepared and Overconfident
DubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DubyaDawg's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a few scratches on the sides from wheeling, I'm getting more used to it but I still kinda feel bad for hurting my baby... But at the same time I'm doing what she was built for!
Old 06-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #42
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I'd break in the drivetrain, motor, etc... properly.

But in terms of paint and aesthetics... the sooner you get over it the sooner you'll... well... get over it.

If you're gonna wheel, it's gonna get scratched.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #43
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i kinda learned the hard way. first truck i bought new was a chevy S10, ZR2..it was awesome. i had it ONE WEEK, and i took it deer hunting. the rancher gave us the lay of the land and unleashed us. i told him where i was going. he said, "boy,i dont think i would take that shiney new truck up there."

i thought wtf..i'm going for it. so my brother riding shotgun, i crept to the steep hill. it was rocky and gnarly. i put it in 4low and go for it. was being so gentle..until BAM!! i was stopped cold. i felt my back wheels slip. i looked out the back window just as my bro steps out and looks. he cussed..i had rolled over a steel drill shaft, bent it and rammed it up and thru my truck bed..it wedged me solid. it took some jiggling and cussing but we pulled the shaft (10 foot long, maybe) out of my truck like king A, pulling out excaliber..triumphantly!! i had a body shop weld a plate in, and i rhino lined the truck..it was painful.

now i think i would take it easy until the new car smell wears off..at least.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:07 PM   #44
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
babied mine for awhile, went on a mild trail without much damage (my a few scratches but nothing noticeable) met up with a fellow TW member to hit a tougher trail and came out with some scratches from the overgrown trail and took some paint off the bumper and a nice dent in the front flair, after about 15 minutes of being mad at myself i was over it and could careless really now
Old 06-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #46
HB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to all
HB Taco's Tacoma Gallery
3 weeks after buying it I took it to the mtns for some snow/mud/slush mix and got a couple minor pin stripes. Had to test it! It passed with flying colors (and mud). She got a good cleaning when I got home so she's happy.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #47
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
Bought mine new off the lot and wheeled it the first night I had it on Murphy Dome in Fairbanks AK. It is what they are built for right?
Old 06-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #48
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
I think I had mine taking scratches offroad within the first month...
Old 06-29-2011, 01:27 AM   #49
Mall Crawler of the Year
TRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
TRDBen's Tacoma Gallery
My dad owned the truck from 2002 to 2008. He drives like a grandma, so I consider that the break in period. Ever since I got it I drive it hard and detail it to perfection regularly. I find that it keeps a nice balance.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #50
HB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to all
HB Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Beaverton has nice moguls too! LOL Hey OP those pics have got to be on da Ranch?
Old 06-29-2011, 10:54 PM   #51
transplant is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: theo
transplant's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBS View Post
that little guy kills me hahaha tacotacotacotaco!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #52
504taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Jacob
504taco's Tacoma Gallery
Its been about 6 months since I got my prerunner. I babied it for a while but Im over that. It seems like other people are too because everytime I get back to the parking lot ive got another scratch on it. Got a 13" scratch right across the front bumper last time...Sucks.

Just some advice for new buyers: After you get over parking at the very back of a lot to stay clear of everyone else............keep doing it.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #53
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
I baby it as much as I can. I have a lot of bush and tree scratches on the sides that are hard to get out.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #54
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0rth View Post
Bought mine new off the lot and wheeled it the first night I had it on Murphy Dome in Fairbanks AK. It is what they are built for right?
Thats what Im talking about. Mine was bought used but it was new to me. Went straight to the desert the first night
Old 06-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #55
TacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Billyson
TacoBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoridinhigh View Post
Put some 375's and a spacer lift and off road it.

lol jk. if I could do it again, I'd baby it for a few years until I was damn sure what I wanted the final plan to be.
That sounds like sage advice!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #56
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think I could buy new cars/trucks again b/c I would most likely baby it. If i were to pick up a used '05 Taco today, I would head straight to the trails. A brand new one will need some break in period. I think it's a mental thing, lol.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #57
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i babied the hell out of my 96..Looked DAMN good up untill it was wrecked. Ill probbaly baby my next truck also.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #58
TacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Billyson
TacoBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Taco View Post
Beaverton has nice moguls too! LOL Hey OP those pics have got to be on da Ranch?
Ya think?
Old 07-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #59
Damaged Goods
ag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ag4892's Tacoma Gallery
I keep in mind that it is a truck and treat it like one. When I get a trail badge or the bed marked up, its ok. Still pisses me off when people open their doors into me though.

Products Discussed in this Thread