Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Warn Winch Score

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
TacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to behold

TacoTaro's Tacoma Gallery
Warn Winch Score

I just ordered my winch. Got a Warn M8000 and with all the rebates available it will cost me $430 to my door.

Regular Price is $540, Warn Model 26502

There is an $80 mail in from Warn right now PLUS the online store I purchased from has a $30 rebate on orders over $350 plus free shipping. SCORE!

For that price its a no brainer. Now I just need a bumper.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
So what store did you get this from?
Old 07-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbm32 View Post
So what store did you get this from?
Seriously. You got to hook up your fellow TW members!
Old 07-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
TacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to behold

I wasn't sure if I could post the name of the store, that's why I left it out.

The mail in is available from anywhere even Amazon.

I apologize for the long explanation but here it goes...

First I went to Amazon.com, and they had links at the bottom for "affiliated sellers" or something. One of the links connected my to https://www.streetsideauto.com/. When the link opened up it had a coupon code for $30 off. But the code wouldn't work online. So I called them on the phone. The rep said the code expired 6/30. I said, how could that be, the website clearly says its good only for the day I clicked the think which was 7/6 (the day I ordered). So he put me on hold and when he came back he gave me the $30 off. They already have a deal where you get a $30 giftcard with a $350 purchase. I didn't get that, but got the $30 applied to my winch.

So it all worked out.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure how you scored it so cheap. The m8000 lists for $745 from 4x4 parts in indianapolis where I picked mine up on thursday. I did get the $80 rebate but I picked mine up and didnt ship it. So how did you get yours at another almost $200 off?
Old 07-10-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
762x51taco is on a distinguished road
762x51taco's Tacoma Gallery
On SSA.com there is two different m8000 models. One 12v which is 540, and the other is 24v for a few hundred more. OP got the 12v model. I'm a complete noob on winches so I am not sure what the advantage of 24v over 12 is.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:53 PM   #7
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Model 26502 which is what he is sayin he got lists for $745. That's the exact one I picked up on thursday.
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Winches-a...&t_pn=WAR26502

Not sure what store is selling them for list of $540, but that's $200 off of what 4x4 parts is selling there's for.
Unless it is just the winch with no cable, hook or roller fairlead. 4x4 parts prices are very competetive so I doubt they would mark there stuff up $200.

Also be prepared to spend atleast another $50 in cable because the ground off of the winch is entirely to long and all the 3 others are way to short. You will have to swap the long ground for a short one and buy 2 other long ones to reach the control box.
I also purchased the wireless remote with mine which is handy. Keep the wired one stored for backup.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:58 PM   #8
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
i got my m8000 for 500 from 4wheel parts
Old 07-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #9

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
They just changed models. Does your guys free spool lever have the shaft and knob or the paddle switch?
Old 07-10-2011, 10:24 PM   #10
jimmy12 is on a distinguished road

jimmy12's Tacoma Gallery
SSA also has coupon & discount codes i got the one you see on the website undercoverhwms.com for $464 last year. That $80 dollar discount ends @ the end of the month. Has anyone tried out that new warn ve8000? I wonder how it compares to the m8000.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:30 PM   #11

jimmy12's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has the paddle to engage/disengage the spool. & yes it came with 100ft of cable & roller fairleed. Both of which i swapped out for 3/8 synthetic rope & a billet aluminum hawse fairlead. I shaved 27lbs off by doing so. Prices very alot. You need to go online & research. It pays off in the end.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #12

jimmy12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTaro View Post
I just ordered my winch. Got a Warn M8000 and with all the rebates available it will cost me $430 to my door.

Regular Price is $540, Warn Model 26502

There is an $80 mail in from Warn right now PLUS the online store I purchased from has a $30 rebate on orders over $350 plus free shipping. SCORE!

For that price its a no brainer. Now I just need a bumper.
Since your looking for a winch bumper/mount. Dont forget to give our hidden winchmount a look @ www.undercoverhwms.com it iwas actually designed around the warn m8000. & congrats on your purchase. You did real good. The warn m8000 is one of the best winches ever made. Its compact ,strong,lightweight,&has a great reputation for being tried & true. Lets see it when you get it on your truck.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:40 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12 View Post
SSA also has coupon & discount codes i got the one you see on the website undercoverhwms.com for $464 last year. That $80 dollar discount ends @ the end of the month. Has anyone tried out that new warn ve8000? I wonder how it compares to the m8000.
I called Warn to ask that very question. They are similar, but not identical. The M8000 received a new control box/electronics that is supposedly more water resistant. Otherwise, they have different motors and some other parts.

The guy at Warn was really trying to sell me on the VR series. He said for my uses it would be fine. If you pay retail its hard to justify the price difference. Since I got an m8000 for a VR price I think I did well.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:19 AM   #14

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Well. In one way I kinda feel bad that I paid a little more but I only started looking for a winch about 30 mins prior. Called my bff, had her hook me up with a store on my trip back from indiana.
Bought it and installed it within 3 hrs. I suppose I paid for conveniance. lol.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:44 PM   #16

jimmy12's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you can get that 80$ dicount applied to the warn ve 8000. Does anyone know if that discount applies to the ve 8000? If so u could save even more. Im tempted to oeder another one. Undercoverhwms. Is going to do a hidden winchmount for th Fj cruiser like the one on the tacoma & i need anotherwarn 8000lb winch. Im thinking about giving that ve8000 a try. If i can get it cheap enough. Then addind synthetic rope with safety thimble & a billet aluminum hawse fairlead. Like on the tacoma on undercoverhwms.com. i guess its still a warn and comes with the same warranty as any of there other winches.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:46 AM   #17

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Whats everyone using for synth? I would like to go with the amsteel blue but I see warn has its own rope but it is crazy expensive.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:10 AM   #18

jimmy12's Tacoma Gallery
Go to viking offroad. They offer a pretty fair deal.& if you move up to a 3/8 size rope they offer it in different colors. & they offer a trick billet aluminun hawse fairlead. I would also recommend the aluminum safety thimble. It gets a little pricey for all that. But it is very very nice equipment. If you go to the undercoverhwms.com website there are pics. That is the stuff i used. You should be able to zoom in & get close up pics of everything. Hope this helps.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:39 AM   #19

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12 View Post
Go to viking offroad. They offer a pretty fair deal.& if you move up to a 3/8 size rope they offer it in different colors. & they offer a trick billet aluminun hawse fairlead. I would also recommend the aluminum safety thimble. It gets a little pricey for all that. But it is very very nice equipment. If you go to the undercoverhwms.com website there are pics. That is the stuff i used. You should be able to zoom in & get close up pics of everything. Hope this helps.
Affirmative.
My bff informs me that the $425 M8000's are refurbished. Can anyone verify?
Old 07-14-2011, 07:40 AM   #20

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
and........also got the $80 rebate.

Products Discussed in this Thread