Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

POLL: You like what kind of off roading?

View Poll Results: What type of off roading do you enjoy?
Mudding 452 28.97%
Rock Climbs 231 14.81%
Steep Hill Climbs 254 16.28%
Jumping 77 4.94%
Trail Riding/Exploring 1,114 71.41%
Deep Snow 314 20.13%
Desert Roads 387 24.81%
Beach Sand 234 15.00%
Sand Dunes 174 11.15%
Arroyos (Dry Washes) 197 12.63%
Forest Roads 794 50.90%
Fast/ Off Road Racing 255 16.35%
Slow/ Crawling 308 19.74%
4WD Required 673 43.14%
Lockers or A-CRAP Required 228 14.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1560. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #202
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
trail riding/ exploring is my all time favorite!

I grew up near a creek and had 4 wheelers and go carts. So as a kid thats how we spent each night and day, wheeling in the creek and following it for miles, setting up camp and pretending to be campers out in the wilderness. Now that im 29 I still find it exciting and fun, going down roads and trails that arent visited to often, and just exploring areas that most people cant see
Old 07-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #203
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Mud....

Old 07-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #204
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
The kind we don't have in my area ... Desert high speed ..
Old 07-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #205
Taco Noob
joelt has a spectacular aura aboutjoelt has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Joey
joelt's Tacoma Gallery
Am I the only wuss when it comes to shelf roads? I mean, I'm in Colorado...

I white-knuckle the steering wheel if there's a steep cliff on either side of me. Therefore, I prefer low-land muddin'.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #206
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelt View Post
Am I the only wuss when it comes to shelf roads? I mean, I'm in Colorado...

I white-knuckle the steering wheel if there's a steep cliff on either side of me. Therefore, I prefer low-land muddin'.
I can't wait to take a trip to Colorado again for y'all's trails I had a blast last time I went but was in a rental jeep and we thrashed it over 2 weeks... 3 tires later trashed step bars and beat up fenders lol was tons of fun till we got the bill for the repairs
Old 07-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #207
Taco Noob
joelt has a spectacular aura aboutjoelt has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Joey
joelt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCprerunner View Post
I can't wait to take a trip to Colorado again for y'all's trails I had a blast last time I went but was in a rental jeep and we thrashed it over 2 weeks... 3 tires later trashed step bars and beat up fenders lol was tons of fun till we got the bill for the repairs
LOL..nice

It' s a beautiful state...we've been here 4 years, and we're still finding jewels.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelt View Post
LOL..nice

It' s a beautiful state...we've been here 4 years, and we're still finding jewels.
We stayed in montros sp? And went to telluride silverton and a few other places by far the best was imajene pass I'm sure I'm spelling it sting but that while day was amazing old cars scattered all over the bottom of cliffs and hills old mining equipment and everything it was just cool as hell
Old 08-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #209
RoscoTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Ross
RoscoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Def sand POLL: You like what kind of off roading?-uploadfromtaptalk1375672469230.jpg
Old 08-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #210
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Sand is the best in my opinion and my favorite four wheeling. It can be challenging because there are so many different types of sand... beach (Pacific or Gulf in my case), desert, dunes, arroyos (washes)... The humidity affects drivability on it as well. What is great is that if you do get stuck, it is clean... just dig out and let more air out of the tires and drive out!

VIVA BAJA!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #211
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Driving 20 into a shallow puddle so my spray and truck look hella sick on interwebz pictures.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #212
J Gibson is on a distinguished road

Navy: Hospital Corpsman, 4th MarDiv
Name: J
J Gibson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by detnight View Post
i did not find mine on the list, hill country highways. I don't like to get my truck dirty
I am with this guy. I bought mine to pull a camper, and help me get around these poorly treated roads when it snows.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #213
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gibson View Post
I am with this guy. I bought mine to pull a camper, and help me get around these poorly treated roads when it snows.

>>>POLL: You like what kind of off roading?<<<

Highways, paved roads, even pot-holed paved roads not included.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #214
East TN Yota is on a distinguished road
East TN Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Trail Riding
Especially with only 900 miles on the truck

Old 09-16-2013, 05:41 AM   #215
mad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
mad monk's Tacoma Gallery
trails/exploring for me, just not many places in MD to do this, (still searching though). want to add trip to CO to bucket list but looks like an ark is more appropriate than a 4x4 right now. agree on backyard for a choice, all i can do for now is pose.
Attached Thumbnails
POLL: You like what kind of off roading?-img_8414.jpg  
Old 12-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #216
Meth Saved Me
1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samuel
1993t100's Tacoma Gallery
Trail riding and exploring are my favorite, although I do enjoy watching rock climbs and mudding. Nothing more relaxing and stress-free then taking the trail home! Good thing we have lots of trails in the U.P.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #217
spencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspencer44306 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Spencer
spencer44306's Tacoma Gallery
Well....before I bought my TRD SPORT I liked every Kind of wheeling....now after breaking her in on a steep muddy trail, and realizing only the OFF-ROAD TRD has a locker and me getting almost stuck I feel lost...

Never been stopped going up a hill before in a Tacoma...wishing that I did my research and got a TRD O/R edition =(
Old 12-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #218
Dr 10Jeeps has a spectacular aura aboutDr 10Jeeps has a spectacular aura about

Name: Larry
Dr 10Jeeps's Tacoma Gallery
My offroading is associated with bowhunting, so basically I'm driving through dirt, mud, or deep snow to get back into my hunting area. It does require 4-wheel drive for most of the area I'm talking about.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #219
Person
theboy is on a distinguished road

theboy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm driving a prerunner here, and yes it has gotten me through a LOT, more than most people would believe, however now that I've grown out of destroying my daily driver and with over 100k miles on it. I prefer to run through nice desert roads, sandy beaches, and some slow crawling... No more killing my truck over jumps and high speed racing anymore

Old 01-13-2014, 08:59 PM   #220
Banned
Whitepipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitepipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitepipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitepipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitepipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitepipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitepipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitepipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitepipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitepipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitepipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Whitepipe's Tacoma Gallery
I used to be all about the mud. But anymore I'll take a rock over mud any day