Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

snatch ropes/snatch straps

Old 10-29-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
offroadTRD will become famous soon enough

offroadTRD's Tacoma Gallery
snatch ropes/snatch straps

aight fellas..... I'm wanting to spend some money soon. I'm tired of pulling people out of holes or vice versa with regular recovery straps and getting my head pulverized throughout the cab of the truck. I'm looking at a $229 mega snatch rope. Does anyone have one??? It is a 1 and one half inch wide x 30 foot long. those recovery straps or very hard on a truck when you're yanking the hell out of it. Just wanted some input fellas. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:17 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
ive got one that i think i paid $30 for...ive used it on a number of vehicles and havent found any ripping or tearing or seams busting yet

the important thing is buy one with 2 loops...NO HOOKS!

also inspect it after EVERY use
Old 10-29-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Were i am from we say f--k them straps!!!! Chains all the way!!(CHEAPER TO!!)
Old 10-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Where did yal purchase these straps?
Old 10-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2

chains can break and are heavy and a PITA to deal with

again with the flying hunks of metal...

id rather spend some extra money on a strap than have metal flying around
Old 10-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoruptTaco View Post
Where did yal purchase these straps?
walmart
Old 10-29-2008, 06:23 PM   #7
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Remind me to use my recovery gear when we go wheeling.
Haha okay just dont let anybody see your strap!!haha
Old 10-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #8
offroadTRD will become famous soon enough

offroadTRD's Tacoma Gallery
yes.... this rope has loops on the end of it. it is a 52300 lb rating. the other one is a 74000 lb rating. Yes, I will be hooking to 4x4 yotas as well as 3/4 ton trucks. Our hunting land is a bit messy towards the end of the season. the hell with chains.... if you have your head thrown around the cab enough and have broken mounts on your truck from them snatching.... you will change your mind. Chains are only good for one thing.... pulling very very very slow... not yanking.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:31 PM   #9

Aw come yanking and smashing your budies truck is the best part!!!! haha!!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Had a chain blast the tailgate off a buddies F250 a few years back. When it broke and hit the tailgate the force removed the tailgate competely and left it in the bed of his truck and our jaws on the ground.
Now wasnt that funny!!!! haha J/k...
Old 10-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
ive got one that i think i paid $30 for...ive used it on a number of vehicles and havent found any ripping or tearing or seams busting yet

the important thing is buy one with 2 loops...NO HOOKS!

also inspect it after EVERY use
I agree with this 100% due to the hole in my buddies ranger when it came undone!!!! scary to watch!!!