Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Red Elephant Hill>Bill Moore Lake 9.10.11

Old 09-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #1
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Red Elephant Hill>Bill Moore Lake 9.10.11

Head up the hills to meet up with Jason (DOT), Eric (CoTacoTRD) and Matt (mreimann) to run Red Elephant Hill>Mill Creek>Bill Moore Lake. Unfortunately we came across a delay at an obstacle on Red Elephant Hill so we had to scratch the Mill Creek portion, but still had a great time and enjoyed a great early fall weekend with the crew...

airing down

beginning of REH

there were some fun obstacles that weren't real difficult but were fun none the less that unfortunately i did not get any pics of...next time i will make sure to document the early section more..

on the the part that gave Eric some trouble...

these were taken after an hour or two of stacking rocks and inching Eric back onto the trail and up the rocks

Eric ended up 4-5 feet to the left of Jason (silver taco) under the trees closest the camera about to slide off the trail...the ground was completely loose and traction was hard to come by...so we had to back him onto stacked rocks in order to stack rocks infront of the tires for traction...we did this countless times to inch him back onto the trail...we used a strap on his rear bumper anchored to Jason's front bumper to help keep his ass from falling down further..this also helped to kick his ass back on the trail once he was able to get forward momentum..got him back on and running without any damage and lessons learned (BUY A WINCH! haha)

more of the obstacle past the slide off

Matt on the rock that kicked Eric off the trail

the pit that Eric got sucked into

shit was at a good angle too

the remaining portions of the trail were scenic and fun to drive through

on our way over to Bill Moore Lake

Old 09-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #2
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Obstacles on Bill Moore aren't too difficult, most are fun to play on...

this hill has an optional route up it that has many flexing opportunities while climbing.

Matt going up

Eric's turn

there were a few more fun spots that i did not document this time...

and the payoff...Bill Moore Lake at 11,300-11,400 feet elevation

good time for dogs too

saw a good amount of snow up on Grey's and Torrey's peaks too

Old 09-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
DOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant future

Name: Jobin
DOT's Tacoma Gallery
More pic's? there is none here yet ?
Old 09-13-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
look who's jumpin the gun....
Old 09-13-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
DOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant future

DOT's Tacoma Gallery
lol
Old 09-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #6
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
At the point you got stuck, that was the last obstacle before the trail mellows out, right before the left hand switch back?

If so, that is where one of the TTORA guys got stuck when he was open/open. He got twisted up so bad he was almost 90* to the trail. WE had to stack a lot of rocks there for him as well.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This:

and a lot of this:
Old 09-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #8
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
yup that would be the spot!

i missed how he actually got off the trail but i guess his ass slid off that rock that the 4runner is resting on his diff...but he ended up below that rock and off the trail
Old 09-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #9

DOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedToy View Post
This:

and a lot of this:
oh so you guys build roads as well
Old 09-13-2011, 09:19 AM   #10
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOT View Post
oh so you guys build roads as well

hahahaha

good times
Old 09-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #11
BRT

The trail was/is full of loose dirt and rocks, probably one of the hardest conditions to drive in.

Here is a good pic of the conditions:
Old 09-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #12
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
exactly...loose as fuck and impossible to get traction if you get in the loose stuff...

we ended up backing him up a few inches onto some rocks we put down in order to build a trail more or less in front of his tires to gain traction...

sounds like you guys put your backs to work that day too
Old 09-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #13
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
Here's what I've got

Eric after we hooked him up to Jay's truck

By the end of this, we could rock stack better than the romans

Old 09-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #14
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
nice pics matt...glad you got some pics of the recovery/re-alignment

those scenic pics came out real good..like the effects you put on them
Old 09-13-2011, 06:25 PM   #16
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
all these second gens make me sick! ha ha ha ha i should of gone and rep'd first gens!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #17
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
all these second gens make me sick! ha ha ha ha i should of gone and rep'd first gens!
You should have! You also would have had an easier time getting around some of those tight trees
Old 09-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #18
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
yeah that spot looked tricky! but fun.... oh well.... another time forsure. i cant do all the trails up the i70 corridor in one summer :-)
Old 09-14-2011, 07:47 AM   #19
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
yeah that spot looked tricky! but fun.... oh well.... another time forsure. i cant do all the trails up the i70 corridor in one summer :-)

why not? we can always try one more up there in the fall...

looks like i gotta hit bard creek, democrat mountain, barbour forks and devil's canyon to wrap up the I70 runs east of copper mountain per traildamage
Old 09-14-2011, 08:01 AM   #20
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
yup that would be the spot!

i missed how he actually got off the trail but i guess his ass slid off that rock that the 4runner is resting on his diff...but he ended up below that rock and off the trail
I think in that loose of dirt my locker actually hindered me rather than helped. I started on the left of that big rock and got it stuck on the frame. As I backed off of it and tried to pivot around it I think the locker kept sliding me to the right. Then I backed off to straighten up but was at a 45 degree angle to the trail. All screwed up.

Tying the rear off to Jay's truck was a really good thing. Once I got a bit of traction in the rear it kicked me right around onto the trail. Who's idea was that anyways?

Thanks again guys! Oh and those are some good pics!