Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Just got back from my trip to Rausch Creek, PA.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
SilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
SilverTacoEater's Tacoma Gallery
Just got back from my trip to Rausch Creek, PA.

I have to say I had a blast. It was my first "real" offroading trip and my truck did awesome.
Spent most of my time on green trails (stock truck), did a couple blues (mildly modified trucks) and accidentely went down a black hill. Luckily I was able to navigate down and come out unscathed. Can't say the same for my buddies. My buddy has a stock 89 Toyota Pickup and he damn near ripped his rear bumper off and my other buddy has a 10' Silverado (i told him those trails weren't meant for his truck but he insisted), and he smashed his front and rear bumper up a bit and crushed both of his step bars.

All and all it was a great trip and learned a lot. Going to invest in some armor and a lift so I can hit the blue trails more.

Here's a few pics I took with my cell:
Attached Thumbnails
Just got back from my trip to Rausch Creek, PA.-100media36imag0020.jpg   Just got back from my trip to Rausch Creek, PA.-100media36imag0021.jpg   Just got back from my trip to Rausch Creek, PA.-100media36imag0105.jpg   Just got back from my trip to Rausch Creek, PA.-100media36imag0110.jpg   Just got back from my trip to Rausch Creek, PA.-2011-10-01-12.38.25.jpg  

Just got back from my trip to Rausch Creek, PA.-2011-10-01-12.38.38.jpg   Just got back from my trip to Rausch Creek, PA.-2011-10-01-12.39.01.jpg   Just got back from my trip to Rausch Creek, PA.-2011-10-01-13.33.59.jpg   Just got back from my trip to Rausch Creek, PA.-2011-10-01-13.34.13.jpg   Just got back from my trip to Rausch Creek, PA.-2011-10-01-13.42.09.jpg  

Just got back from my trip to Rausch Creek, PA.-2011-10-01-13.42.17.jpg   Just got back from my trip to Rausch Creek, PA.-2011-10-01-11.32.48.jpg  
Old 10-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #2
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
yeah the blues are fun purples are better what black did you make id down? there tough for modded tacos to make down unhurt!!!!!! ur buddy in the chevy is lucky thats all that happened..you should have him come when were running hard stuff... hehehehe
glad you guys had fun its a great place...ive run all the greens,blues,purples at rc on all the propertys..its a great place...didnt get to do the entire trail 13 which is purple so thats my next plan...
Old 10-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
SilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
yeah the blues are fun purples are better what black did you make id down? there tough for modded tacos to make down unhurt!!!!!! ur buddy in the chevy is lucky thats all that happened..you should have him come when were running hard stuff... hehehehe
glad you guys had fun its a great place...ive run all the greens,blues,purples at rc on all the propertys..its a great place...didnt get to do the entire trail 13 which is purple so thats my next plan...
I'm not sure what black it was. My buddy, who has been there a few times before, was navigating and one of the signs said blue I believe and he thought it meant the one we went down.

While we were making our way down two jeeps stopped at the bottom of the hill and watched. When we got to the bottom then said that we where crazy. We asked them why and they pointed to a sign that pointed up and it said black. I don't recall the trail number or letter.... I honestly can't believe i made it out of some of those trails without any damage. The only thing i have to show is a couple of scratches from branches and a dinged up skid plate.

The only thing i was a little disappointed about was my 4Lo. I was better off leaving my truck in 4hi so the LSD would work.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #5
Quote:
there mods that can help you with that..i believe its called the yellow wire mod...i have an 06 so i dont have that prob....and you ABSOLUTLY need to run 4lo on blues and harder
I went on a few blues and I was in 4hi for the most part.
I didn't have any problems.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you can wheel in 4hi but it puts alot more stress on drivetrain and also you have WAY more control in low....why do you think offroad rigs gear as low as possible or we install twin stick t-cases , or crawler gears..... i wish my 4lo was even lower
Increased stress on the drivetrain in 4hi isn't really an accurate way to put it. It's better to say you're going to have to rev the engine a lot more, and use more momentum to get over some obstacles. This provides greater chance of wheelspin, binding, and breakage.

If anything, the torque multiplying effect of 4Lo is going to stress everything after the T-case a LOT more than 4Hi at the same engine speed.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:10 AM   #8
Quote:
you can wheel in 4hi but it puts alot more stress on drivetrain and also you have WAY more control in low....why do you think offroad rigs gear as low as possible or we install twin stick t-cases , or crawler gears..... i wish my 4lo was even lower
The times i did use 4lo i noticed that i was able to control the truck alot more. It's just that as soon as one of my tires would lift off of the ground or i lost a little traction i would get stuck and have to switch to 4hi so i could use my LSD. I'm going to have to look into the yellow wire mod so that I can get the LSD working in 4lo.

I've got a quick questions, I changed my front diff fluid yesterday because i went through some pretty large puddles and I only got about 1.9 quarts of new fluid in. The directions i've read on here say it should be taking about 2.2 quarts, give or take. Should I be ok, or should I drive it around a little and try to put more in it?
Old 10-05-2011, 05:36 AM   #9
sprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sprocketdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTacoEater View Post
The times i did use 4lo i noticed that i was able to control the truck alot more. It's just that as soon as one of my tires would lift off of the ground or i lost a little traction i would get stuck and have to switch to 4hi so i could use my LSD. I'm going to have to look into the yellow wire mod so that I can get the LSD working in 4lo.

I've got a quick questions, I changed my front diff fluid yesterday because i went through some pretty large puddles and I only got about 1.9 quarts of new fluid in. The directions i've read on here say it should be taking about 2.2 quarts, give or take. Should I be ok, or should I drive it around a little and try to put more in it?
You might want to check your specifacations in the manual I know my 05 DC only takes 1.6 quarts in the front.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketdog View Post
You might want to check your specifacations in the manual I know my 05 DC only takes 1.6 quarts in the front.
Probably should have checked the owners manual in the first place.....