Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Score International Baja 1000, Nov 17-20

Old 10-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Score International Baja 1000, Nov 17-20

Who is going?
Where would you be catching them?

http://www.score-international.com/

I am, I will probably be around Ojos Negros, and then by the coast.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:15 AM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Here you go...

Old 10-17-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
one year... i will be there!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
We had fun helping at a pit for the 2006 Baja 1000... Made it a trip to show Josh some fun Baja places in addition to helping with communications for Baja Pits at El Crucero... about 1/3 of the distance to La Paz (finish)...
Photo web page: http://vivabaja.com/1106
Old 10-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #5
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
Who is going?
Where would you be catching them?

http://www.score-international.com/

I am, I will probably be around Ojos Negros, and then by the coast.
I plan to go this year to relax and be a spectator, I don't think I'll be chasing for anyone this year, so maybe if a group gets together to go I'll definitely will caravan down.
The coast is the best way yo see the race, great views!
Old 10-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #6
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Caravan is always fun, this year I'll be driving down there the night before (thursday night) if anybody is interested. I'm thinking about going straight to the course and camp for the night.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #8

David K's Tacoma Gallery
De nada!

Remember that it gets dark soon after 5 in November... The Trophy Trucks (leading 4 wheeled racers) will be racing in the dark after Race Mile 300 to 400... between Matomi and San Felipe.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #9
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna catch them at least twice. Do you think I could make it from llano colorado to Santo Tomas, or maybe farther south and catch all cars??
Old 10-18-2011, 08:03 AM   #10

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
I wanna catch them at least twice. Do you think I could make it from llano colorado to Santo Tomas, or maybe farther south and catch all cars??
The ultimate place to see the racers twice (and not need to move) is between Borrego Wash (#5 on map) and San Matias Pass... this is the only section of the coarse that is run twice.

You could watch near Agua Blanca (Llano Colorado) then head down Hwy. 3 to the Borrego/ San Matias section. Santo Tomas will be crazy... with so many spectators and few parking areas... also just back tracking through Ensenada will be a major ordeal, I think.

If we go, we will be at the Sulfur Mine, south of San Felipe... as we have friends who live on the beach near there. I kind of doubt it at this point.

My son and I watched the Baja 500 near Agua Blanca (Llano Colorado) back in 2003: http://vivabaja.com/500
Old 10-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #11

David K's Tacoma Gallery
EVERYONE watch this...

Get a taste of the Baja 1000 from start to finish in 4 1/2 minutes... turn up your speakers for the tunes... from Dust To Glory... see Mario Andretti, Andy McMillin, Mouse McCoy, and more...

http://youtu.be/NZqkVpXzkuY
Old 10-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #12
Total Automotive Performance
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
I will be there.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #13
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i love the movie dust to glory
Old 10-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #14
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Always was my favorite movie to watch in auto shop when we had a sub and couldn't work...
Old 10-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #15
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manny
Location: San Diego, CALIFORNIA. (Rancho del Rey/ otay ranch)
LilManny's Tacoma Gallery
You guys know I an on being there and as always I will start a thread in the Socal section to try and get a group trip down.. If we head down thursday morning we could catch some of the pre race festivities and then go camp out in the desert
Old 10-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #16
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manny
Location: San Diego, CALIFORNIA. (Rancho del Rey/ otay ranch)
LilManny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4RR View Post
I plan to go this year to relax and be a spectator, I don't think I'll be chasing for anyone this year, so maybe if a group gets together to go I'll definitely will caravan down.
The coast is the best way yo see the race, great views!
I'm with you I chased last year and although the team is asking for me to chase again I like relaxing and enjoying the race better.. I will most likely be heading down with some cousins and hopefully a TW group as well look for a thread in the Socal section soon
Old 10-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #17
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas of MRT View Post
I will be there.
Where at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilManny View Post
You guys know I an on being there and as always I will start a thread in the Socal section to try and get a group trip down.. If we head down thursday morning we could catch some of the pre race festivities and then go camp out in the desert
Cool, where do you plan to go this time?
Old 10-19-2011, 03:01 PM   #18

David K's Tacoma Gallery
The race Map was just posted by SCORE:

If you want to see any of the four wheelers before it gets dark find a spot well before Mile 300. Word is the Trophy Trucks won't be starting until 11:30 am, and the rest of the 4 wheel classes are after!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:07 AM   #20
poundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scot
poundin tacos's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I lived out west, that would be a sick to see on my birthday (nov 17)