Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

New Tacoma's First time out 4 wheelin

Old 11-09-2008, 03:34 PM   #21
bluecluee is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
bluecluee's Tacoma Gallery
Love that color! Just picked one in the same color a few days ago. Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #22
e-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud of

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
More Pictures from toady

I had some more on my camera, figured I would post them, here you go...

Old 11-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #23
e-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud of

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
more

Old 11-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #24

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
low range crawling

Old 11-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #25

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
love this truck........

Old 11-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #26

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
more pics

Spent the day exploring around the shores of Blue Mesa Reservoir today, good fun tearing around in the sand and the cobbles. I only got out to take 2 pictures so I thought I would just tack them on to this thread. Good clean tire spinning family fun.......

Old 11-30-2008, 05:13 PM   #27
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations!

Might want to check out a different bug shield. That looks like one i saw on a new truck at a dealership. There is no way those clips cannot damage the hood over time if that is the Toyota shield with the little clips and tape 'protectors' on the hoods top side.

Can't imagine who the genius is that came up with the idea for that Toyota bug shield.

If it is the Toyota shield, catch it early before the damage is done.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #28

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
Congratulations!

Might want to check out a different bug shield. That looks like one i saw on a new truck at a dealership. There is no way those clips cannot damage the hood over time if that is the Toyota shield with the little clips and tape 'protectors' on the hoods top side.

Can't imagine who the genius is that came up with the idea for that Toyota bug shield.

If it is the Toyota shield, catch it early before the damage is done.
I read that it could be a problem right after I threw away the box. I tried to prevent this by bending the clips to accommodate Teflon tape (.06" thick). I heated the clips and tapped them over the shaft of a screwdriver to make the radius of the bend just a hair bigger.
http://www.cshyde.com/Tapes/Data/PTFEH-Binfo.htm
I put the supplied stickers down, then some of this Teflon tape, then a strip of black electrical tape down to hide the white. It fits super snug, I had to gently tap the clips on the hood over teh teflon tape with a mallet. I am hoping I have came up with a solution for the problem, but am definitely planning to check on the clip digging into the teflon at regular intervals. I will try to post some pics of my attempted fix here shortly.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:41 PM   #29

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-rok View Post
I will try to post some pics of my attempted fix here shortly.
Here are some pics:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...protector.html
Old 11-30-2008, 08:54 PM   #30
bwhit is on a distinguished road
bwhit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-rok View Post
Even without the TRD package the Tacoma kicked ass, I took it kind of easy on the engine but this truck feels so solid and even with the stock tires traction was never an issue. My only complaint is that I kept scraping the mud flaps, oh well, I can live with that. I love my Tacoma!
The mud flaps are like the little feeler gauges on the cadillac's in the '90s...let you know when your too close to the curb(or rocks)

Old 11-30-2008, 08:58 PM   #31
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
i cut about 3.5in off my front mudflaps after the first time they scraped the ground. now theyre about the same distance from the ground that the back ones are. It makes the truck look better too.