Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

New Tacoma's First time out 4 wheelin

Old 11-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
e-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud of

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
New Tacoma's First time out 4 wheelin

I got my truck three weeks ago and decided I should go try it out on the trail before the snow closed down access to the surrounding trails. My daughter and I went out to do some exploring at a local spot named Hartman Rocks. I took it kind of easy because the truck only has 500 miles on it but still got it in 4x4 low and did a little rock climbing here and there. The truck did awesome, man, I love this truck so much more than my old piece of crap GMC. Attached are a few pics.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
e-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud of

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-09-2008, 01:27 PM   #3

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
doing a little climbing

Old 11-09-2008, 01:28 PM   #4

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
getting out to explore

Old 11-09-2008, 01:30 PM   #5

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
view of untouched undercarriage

Old 11-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #6

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
Crusing through the rocks

Old 11-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #7

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
Trail Overview

Old 11-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #8

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
wheelin' through the rocks

Old 11-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #9
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
looks like you had fun!! Very nice pics-- Thx for sharing!
Old 11-09-2008, 01:34 PM   #10

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
picture of my co-pilot

Old 11-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #11

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
Even without the TRD package the Tacoma kicked ass, I took it kind of easy on the engine but this truck feels so solid and even with the stock tires traction was never an issue. My only complaint is that I kept scraping the mud flaps, oh well, I can live with that. I love my Tacoma!
Old 11-09-2008, 01:38 PM   #12
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
any mods you plan on doing!! Great pic with your co-pilot!!

Tinted windows would look sweet!! Prolly about $130 all around
Old 11-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #13

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
any mods you plan on doing!! Great pic with your co-pilot!!

Tinted windows would look sweet!! Prolly about $130 all around
I have not even made my first payment yet, need to save up some cash before I start moding out the truck.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:59 PM   #14
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Looks awesome man, lot of fun. Yea those front mud flaps suck, I kept hitting them over the weekend in AZ in my pre-runner. Every time first though is "NO WAY I HIT THE BOTTOM" "Oh wait stupid flaps..." I gotta find or fab me some rubber ones, I like the idea of having flaps cause I cuss out every truck that doesn't and threw rocks up and took out my G35 windshield twice, but I'm afraid I'll end up breaking these ones off and taking god knows what else with them.

Oh, +1 on tint ;D
Old 11-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #15
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck. Looks like a fun day with your co-pilot. I read on some forum here about people cutting 3 or 4 inches off the front mud flaps. Keeps it from hitting and still protects the paint.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #16
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-rok View Post
My only complaint is that I kept scraping the mud flaps, oh well, I can live with that. I love my Tacoma!
I tore one of my mudflaps off - I was reversing and it caught between the wheel and the bank. Went back to the dealer and told them 'it just fell off' - which it did, kinda. They replaced it FOC.

Where in Colorado?
Old 11-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #17

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by petersharp View Post

Where in Colorado?
This is a place called Hartman Rocks just on the edge of Gunnison. It is BLM so just about anything goes. Lots of cool granite to climb around on.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #18
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
awesome man! looks like ya had a blast
Old 11-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #19
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-rok View Post
Check out that under carriage! It's SO clean. Come on...go get it dirty. LOL. Have fun with it and welcome to the club.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:00 PM   #20

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
Check out that under carriage! It's SO clean. Come on...go get it dirty. LOL. Have fun with it and welcome to the club.
One nice thing about driving out there is it is all granite and disintegrated granite that does not really make mud, just little rocks. Clean up is easy, but no worries, I will have her caked in mud in no time, or actually might be more like snow, supposed to get a storm tonight....