1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

in the ditch jeep

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by twinomad, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Nov 7, 2011 at 1:30 PM
    twinomad

twinomad [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MC
    Vehicle:
    09 Access,customsound,4.0,6speed,winch
    front/rear detachable winch, custom sound 4 inch lift, 265/75 tires camper shell color match
    The greatest moment in my life so far was the day I pulled a Grand Cherokee Jeep out of the ditch at Hawley Lake. It was after a 12 inches snowfall on ice base at about 7500 feet, He had an 8 cylinder, automatic. He also had a winch but had never used it. But with 80 feet of wire on his winch and nearest tree over one hundred feet across the road and with no cell service to call AAA. My little Toy Tacoma, six speed-manual in bull low with new Hankook 275/16’s and chains, just grunted a bit and pulled him out, ass end first. I didn’t say much, but he was red faced embarrassed. I laughed all the way home. I heard ever excuse in the world about how his $45,000 jeep with rough road indicator did not prevent him from sliding off the road. The front end damage to his Jeep was really bad; they are not made very strong. Jeep is just an old used to be, Toyota is king

2. Nov 7, 2011 at 11:59 PM
    AWorthyOpponent

AWorthyOpponent Member Caught Off Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Palm Beach County, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCLB TRD SPORT 4x4
    TRD Catback Exhaust
    Reminds me of the F250 I pulled out of a muddy ditch. boy was he embarrassed.

Usually driver error, but funny to watch such a small truck pull out such a big one...

Products Discussed in

To Top