LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

If you get stuck with this.....

Old 11-13-2008, 05:54 AM   #1
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
If you get stuck with this.....

I highlighted the important part in red. Is that something anyone here would consider putting on their Tacoma?
At

"home on the ranch makes for an intense motoring experience if you haul your hay with the halftrack Hummer from N-Fab and Allout Offroad. The 150 M12A halftrack system from Mattracks bolts onto the driveline of four-wheel-drive trucks, “improving” off-road tenacity.

And below a couple "real world" users.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:00 AM   #2
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...mattracks.html

I LOVE THESE THINGS!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:12 AM   #4
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post
LOL Cool. I saw the hummer in picts from the SEMA show in Vegas and felt an overwelming need to post it and the tracks here.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:15 AM   #6
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lol... Okay if somebody buys them i will put them on mine and see how they work!!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:25 AM   #7
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Morpheus
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
They look nice and fancy but let me tell you'll something from experience. When you are stuck, YOU ARE STUCK and you are SOL. Three weekends ago, my Skid Steer got stuck in the mud and even using the bucket to thrust myself forward/back would not help. Then I had my helper pull it with my Taco (4LO on flat ground) while I operated the Skid Steer. Did not budge. The Taco just spun its wheels to no avail.

Sometimes we have a false sense of security with 4WD and all, but when sh!t happens, I've come to realise how helpless one could be in some cases especially when you're stuck in mud. The suction created by mud on the undercarriage needs some serious power, to let go.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:28 AM   #8

mud suction is the worst!!!!! i got my old truck stuck in clay i was only a foot deep and we needed a tractor to get it out!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:47 AM   #10

i think they are like 15,000-20,000$!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:22 AM   #11
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
i bet gas milage is awesome with those mounted up...especially on that H1. 2.4 gallons per mile lol!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:29 AM   #12

that is the greatest tv show ever!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #13
stratton will become famous soon enough

stratton's Tacoma Gallery
Go on youtube and type in mattracks make sure its one word and not two. there is a ton of these videos.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #15
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
i feel like with the tracks the vehicle would be more apt to slide sideways, but i dono??
Depends on the tread pattern. We fave them on a Polaris Ranger. Well don't get more than 5 degrees off or you'll start sliding in the snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post
Lol... Okay if somebody buys them i will put them on mine and see how they work!!!!
How about No!
Old 11-23-2008, 10:01 PM   #16
litebeer is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Crew Chief (fighters)
litebeer's Tacoma Gallery
Too complex for this guy... I'll stick to fix-a-flat.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:41 PM   #17
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
I like the ones at http://www.litefootatv.com/

I'd love to get a quad with a set of those just so it would be a year-round ATV. Snow, mud, rocks, whatever. They cost about $4k for the ATV version.

Edit:

Watch some of the videos here to see how they work. http://www.litefootatv.com/html/video_clips.htm
Old 11-29-2008, 09:31 PM   #18
litebeer is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Crew Chief (fighters)
litebeer's Tacoma Gallery
Well this stuff is neat, but not road friendly. I like to go hunting or gold seeking a ways from the house.. I know it works great but no good for the stuff I do. I'll stick with a spare and fix-a-flat! Now I'm trying to make the ABS selective! The brakes are supposed to stop the wheels from turning not make fart sounds and scare the driver.........
Old 11-30-2008, 05:09 AM   #19
stratton will become famous soon enough

stratton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by litebeer View Post
Well this stuff is neat, but not road friendly. I like to go hunting or gold seeking a ways from the house.. I know it works great but no good for the stuff I do. I'll stick with a spare and fix-a-flat! Now I'm trying to make the ABS selective! The brakes are supposed to stop the wheels from turning not make fart sounds and scare the driver.........
I know what you mean. I think that ABS should only come on over the speed of 30mph. When I am coming down my snowy driveway I can hardly stop before the road. With my older truck I never had that problem. ABS is really only there because of the less experienced drivers I think. You dont see Nascar or other professional drivers with it. lol
Old 11-30-2008, 06:30 AM   #20
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by litebeer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratton View Post
I know what you mean. I think that ABS should only come on over the speed of 30mph. When I am coming down my snowy driveway I can hardly stop before the road. With my older truck I never had that problem. ABS is really only there because of the less experienced drivers I think. You dont see Nascar or other professional drivers with it. lol

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...html#post45912