Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Need A Good Recovery Strap

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Need A Good Recovery Strap

Iv'e been looking at the Mac's 27,000lb strap but wanted to ask what are people here using without breaking, before I order anything.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
i always go with the most expensive thing (ie strongest) from tractor supply i can afford with NO HOOKS. loops are the way to go.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I use an ARB strap from Sierra Expeditions (which incidentally is a Vendor here and is having a sale this weekend)
Old 11-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Wheelers, Bubba Rope, ARB and Pro Comp make good straps. I have a Wheelers one myself.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Wheelers, Bubba Rope, ARB and Pro Comp make good straps. I have a Wheelers one myself.

Those Gray ones are sweet. They have an extra abrasion resistant webbing on the edges.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:38 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Those Gray ones are sweet. They have an extra abrasion resistant webbing on the edges.
Yeah my shackle still looks new. I have only used my strap once so far. Silly prerunners.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
I have two ARB Snatch Straps that are pretty awesome - you just have to watch the rebound.

Fink
Old 11-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #9
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the comments. Just picked up a 3 1/4" ARB, that thing looked so nice I had to buy it. It was expensive, lol.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #10
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I am going with a wheelers 30' strap when I get around to it. They are made in the USA, which I appreciate!
Old 11-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #12
qwertypepper will become famous soon enoughqwertypepper will become famous soon enough
Name: cam
qwertypepper's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a difference between a "recovery" strap and a nylon web sling used for overhead lifting? do they stretch more? are they more elastic?

The reason i ask is at work i can get these a good discount, as we go threw a lot of these. i think this may be cheaper than buying a name brand "recovery" strap.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #14
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Well, a good recovery strap will only run you $30-50, depending on length.

But if you can get a strap for free, why not? Find out the breaking strength of the straps, they should be adequate for recovery. Most recovery straps have a breaking strength of about 25k lbs.

Recovery straps are pretty static (dont stretch much). Dynamic straps are like snatch ropes, they stretch and aide in recovery, like a rubber band.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #15
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
you need a strap that is the correct weight for your truck. that strap stretches, and that saves a lot of wear and tear on your truck.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:54 PM   #16
qwertypepper will become famous soon enoughqwertypepper will become famous soon enough
Name: cam
qwertypepper's Tacoma Gallery
well i figured that the stretch would help. the slings we have a more than adequate for the weight of the vehicle. thanks for the input
Old 11-23-2011, 11:57 PM   #17
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a couple of straps from wheelers. Used them lots. Work great!
Old 11-27-2011, 09:04 PM   #18
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Are these the straps that stretch and yank or just regular straps? If not, are the stretchy ones worth getting?
Old 11-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #19
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Yes you want a stretchy type strap for recoveries.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #20
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
good. i want to hint to the GF that i want one for Xmas. I need to go to a retailers website and leave the page with a straps description up before she gets on the computer.

Products Discussed in this Thread