Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Red Rock Canyon, CA

Old 12-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
AllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to behold
AllMountainToy's Tacoma Gallery
Red Rock Canyon, CA

Has anyone been out to Red Rock Canyon National Preserve? If so, any good and legal trails that I should make sure I hit up? I know often National Parks, Monuments, etc are very tame but some offer great off roading such as Anza Borrego.

Thanks for any recommendations.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2W271,2MUNS, 2BW, 8AF (Enough Said)
Brandon H's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brandon H Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon H
Its a great area to explore and take in the sights. A lot of historical signifigance in that area. I have visited it a few times and enjoyed it immensely. The BLM has a program called Adopt-c-cabin for a few cabins that are in the area which you can stay for free, The only thing they ask is that you keep the place clean or cleaner than how you left it, and stay a maximum of no longer than 4 days at a time
Old 12-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #5
AllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to behold
AllMountainToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon H View Post
Its a great area to explore and take in the sights. A lot of historical signifigance in that area. I have visited it a few times and enjoyed it immensely. The BLM has a program called Adopt-c-cabin for a few cabins that are in the area which you can stay for free, The only thing they ask is that you keep the place clean or cleaner than how you left it, and stay a maximum of no longer than 4 days at a time
Thanks Brandon!
Old 12-13-2011, 11:08 PM   #7
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Anytime!!! Let me know if theres anything I can do
would it be possible to plan and execute a overland trip from redrock to DV? wonder if Pauly would know. that would be a fun trip
Old 12-13-2011, 11:09 PM   #8
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
would it be possible to plan and execute a overland trip from redrock to DV? wonder if Pauly would know. that would be a fun trip
I think it would be! Its not that far. ill look at the maps and check it out. might have to be a few days trip though.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #9
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
I think it would be! Its not that far. ill look at the maps and check it out. might have to be a few days trip though.
thats what im thinking. i think maybe China Lake Naval air station might be a major obstacle to work around if trying to stay 100% in the dirt
Old 12-13-2011, 11:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
thats what im thinking. i think maybe China Lake Naval air station might be a major obstacle to work around if trying to stay 100% in the dirt
yeah i know we took 178 from ridgecrest that went around the outside of china lake when we went to DV
Old 12-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #11
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
There is a Jawbone to lake isabella ride.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #12
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMountainToy View Post
Has anyone been out to Red Rock Canyon National Preserve? If so, any good and legal trails that I should make sure I hit up? I know often National Parks, Monuments, etc are very tame but some offer great off roading such as Anza Borrego.

Thanks for any recommendations.
Older thread, but oh well.

Just as a minor point of clarification, Red Rock Canyon National Preserve is a National Park located near Las Vegas. Red Rock Canyon State Park is operated by the California Department of Park and Recreation and is located 20 miles north of Mojave. I've actually had people show up here trying to find their friends who were at the other Red Rock!

I'm toying with the idea of throwing together a one day EP 15 run from Highway 14 to the 395, then ending in Randsburg at the little restaurant.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:26 PM   #14
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
The majority of the routes in the park are pretty easy for a PreRunner. I would just steer clear of lower Last Chance Canyon, Black Rock Canyon, and Nightmare Gulch.