Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Off road etiquette........

Old 11-29-2008, 03:04 PM   #21
Stop talking and START wheeling
RicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really nice

Army: Co.C 6/31st Inf.
RicnDenver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
As a hunter/target shooter, these are really important to me. REALLY important. Good post.
yea, us too, just wished more people felt the same way.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #22
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
#34- Never steal a guys lighter that gave ya a ride off road to go shooting.
DAM!!!

Note to self: I owe PackerfanXD 1 Cammo Bic lighter.........
Old 11-29-2008, 04:14 PM   #24
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
i always wondered about this situtaion. around my area trails are very narrow and often one way in one way out, if your wheeling and you come head to head with another rig with no place to pull off whos supposed to back out? any opinions?haha
Old 11-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #25
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma08MZ View Post
i always wondered about this situtaion. around my area trails are very narrow and often one way in one way out, if your wheeling and you come head to head with another rig with no place to pull off whos supposed to back out? any opinions?haha
Drive over each other?
Old 11-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #26
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma08MZ View Post

Whoever has the bigger truck has right of way... otherwise he'd run ya over and win.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #27
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by 262053
You always smoke a doobie or have a beer with the guy that pulls you out!
Call/report this to the ranger/sheriff.Keep our trails safe!!
Old 11-29-2008, 05:52 PM   #28
Stop talking and START wheeling
RicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really nice

Army: Co.C 6/31st Inf.
RicnDenver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
X2, take pics if possible and turn them in.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #29
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
My advice
  • Always take care of your trash and pick up anything else you can get.
  • Don't intentionally tear up the trails by doing donuts/burnouts/whatever
  • If you come across someone whose stuck, try to help 'em out or let 'em use your phone/cb/whatever to get some help
  • NEVER get to close to the rig in front of you
  • Rig going downhill has priority over going up hill
  • Don't drink alcohol/do drugs on the trail. No Exceptions
  • I personally always wear my seatbelt.
  • Keep loose things in the back of your truck strapped down
  • Be safe and be smart
Old 11-29-2008, 06:02 PM   #30
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
jeeez, good thing we don't have sheriff's up here!! I agree tho no drinking and driving. have a beer at the pub after a safe day on the trail.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #31
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
OFFROAD LEGALLY.
If the areas you wheel on are not legal areas to wheel, then don't go there. Get permission!!

*yeah, this will probably stir up the pot a bit. But hey....it's a hobby that we need to protect!!! If you guys/gals continue to go offroad where it's ILLEGAL and you don't have permission, it makes this hobby look bad. This hobby already has a bad reputation as it is!!!
Old 11-30-2008, 08:29 AM   #32
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
My advice
  • Keep loose things in the back of your truck strapped down
To expand on this - a friend was unfortunate to get in a rollover accident that wrecked his Land Rover. Everything that was STRAPPED down stayed in place, everything that was BUNGEED down broke free and damaged other stuff.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:36 AM   #33
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Janster is right, only off road when it's legal, I know the "itch" , but you represent the WHOLE lot of us when you get busted by the man. That when they (the man) start taking areas away from us. So if you act responsible and kind to others, the roads will continue on. Peace
Old 11-30-2008, 08:44 AM   #34
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by petersharp View Post
To expand on this - a friend was unfortunate to get in a rollover accident that wrecked his Land Rover. Everything that was STRAPPED down stayed in place, everything that was BUNGEED down broke free and damaged other stuff.
Amen....
Anything you have in the vehicle cab with you - think of it as a 'projectile'.
In an accident or rollover on the trails...it can smack you in the head and hurt you more than the accident/roll itself. I've had a couple roll-overs and the only thing I've lost, was a couple pens and the water that leaked out of my cooler.