Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

1st time mudding

Old 07-05-2007, 11:06 AM   #1
Manofs is on a distinguished road

Manofs's Tacoma Gallery
1st time mudding

well, guys i am going to take my truck out on its first adventure in the mud. i was wondering if any of you all have tips or things i should watch out for before i go. wish me luck
Old 07-05-2007, 12:48 PM   #2
Map06TRD is on a distinguished road
Map06TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Map06TRD
dont let people talk you into doing crazy stuff.... if it looks bad just dont do it..if your goign with other people most likey they have $5,000 trial rig.
y mess up a $25,000+ truck...
Old 07-05-2007, 12:56 PM   #3
natrlyst will become famous soon enough

natrlyst's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Map06TRD View Post
dont let people talk you into doing crazy stuff.... if it looks bad just dont do it..if your goign with other people most likey they have $5,000 trial rig.

Why own a truck if you arent going to use it? If you are by yourself and are uncomfortable going through, then don't, if you are with someone else and they can tow you out of the hole, let the md fly.

Remeber, steady throttle throughout!! Do not enter too fast! Enter easy and slog through with only as much throttle as necessary, tire spin is essential to assist the tires to sipe mud for further traction but too much spin will dig you a hole.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:31 AM   #4
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with natrlyst, why get a decked out truck if your not gonna use it. I got mine hopelessly stuck within 36 hours after i bought it. i have some pics i'll post when i get a chance.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:55 AM   #5
Mudbug is on a distinguished road

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Map06TRD View Post
I SOMEWHAT agree with what he said though. There is a difference between going mudding and going down an extremely tight slippery muddy trail with trees on both sides that you know you are probably going to hit and bang up your truck.
You can have fun without being STUPID. Nobody wants a brand new truck with a big gash down the side from a tree.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #6
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudbug View Post
I SOMEWHAT agree with what he said though. There is a difference between going mudding and going down an extremely tight slippery muddy trail with trees on both sides that you know you are probably going to hit and bang up your truck.
You can have fun without being STUPID. Nobody wants a brand new truck with a big gash down the side from a tree.
Very true. I'll tackle any amount of mud or haul ass down a bumpy trail but i don't wanna do anything stupid enough to seriously damage my very expensive ride.