Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Stock Tacoma in Action thread?

Old 02-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #23
JabbaJabbaJabba
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
not even close to stuck

not stuck, but got a pull because of le tree

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZxX8...1&feature=plcp
Old 02-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #24
aj5443 is on a distinguished road
aj5443's Tacoma Gallery
Spoonman, other than the narration, that was a pretty cool video.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:16 AM   #25
JabbaJabbaJabba
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Thats my dad..Yes I should fix that. Thank you.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #26
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
It was really hard to capture how steep this really was going down. If i didn't pick the right line, i would have destroyed a few things on the bottom of my truck.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #27
Huge Member
ScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the rough

Army:
ScreamingTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I wanted to see what it could do and took mine out on an open run with the dudes in WORE (Westman Off Road Enthusiasts). The terrain wasn't super technical and I figured I could do it without damaging too much.

WORE is big into Jeeps and the only thing wrong with following Jeeps is that they fit places I didn't. I high centred on a hip, costing me a mud flap. We rocked the truck off by hand. In the pic below the the front and rear bumper were planted here and I had to get pulled through... however I redeemed myself on the next right by pulling off a hard right turn on two wheels (unfortunately I have no pics of that one).

And here's a group pick I pulled off of WORE's website with me over on the left.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #29
rlew is on a distinguished road
rlew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS78 View Post

I am not recognizing the trails. What trails are you on here?
Old 03-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #30
SoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
SoJersey's Tacoma Gallery
Had 100 miles on her..

Old 03-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #31
JCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JCBigler's Tacoma Gallery
I finally took my Tacoma on a real off road adventure today for the first time. Prior to this all I had done was drive down a couple of gravel roads with the 4WD engaged just to test it.

The AO, was the off road park in the Disney/Langley, Oklahoma area, south (and below) of Grand Lake and the Pensacola Dam through the flood plain of the Grand River.

I didn't get too extreme today, as I just wanted to test it out on a real off road trail--and I don't have any trail armor, good off road tires, or a lift of any sort. Bone stock here.

There are some pretty extreme runs here, like this one which I didn't attempt. It's a lot more steep and ugly when looking at it in person.

My buddy that was with me, was very impressed by how little my Tacoma had to work to get around. No loss of traction, and no having to gun the engine to get up the various hills and embankments. And no having to lock the rear differential either.

Oh yeah, I did lose my right rear mud flap. Sacrificed to the gods of the trail. I took the other three off as soon as I got home. Mud flaps are for pussies anyway
Old 03-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #32
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
hitting the bump stop