LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

I'm Stuck - Tell Me How To Get Out.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #81
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_283 View Post
COME ON GUYS!

No recommendations to jam rocks and sticks in front of the rear tires (maybe the front too)? Then when the tires start slipping hopefully some tread will grab a rock or stick, pull it underneath, jam under the tire, and gradually lift you out.
UMMM maybe read the post above you....
Old 02-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #83
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
haha! I have used that method so many times it honestly makes me feel stupid but genius at the same time! i have gotten myself out of some serious sticky shit.

gotta love what being 125-100 miles from the nearest city and having zero phone reception AND your GF saying we're going to die does to your adrenaline and thinking haha
Old 02-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #84
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwill817 View Post
Ah I love Guntersville! We have a camper at Little Mountain Resort.. We fish up there A LOT!
Several friends or associates say similar. Sadly, I haven't yet had a chance to really explore the area. Only moved to Alabama three months ago, so this state is still new to me. However, all that will change soon enough.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #85
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
its happened to me when my GF and I went wheeling by ourselves. I got out, dug some shit from under all the tires, then got as many branches, twigs tree trunks and solid shit as possible and made a trail. Got in, hit the gas and got out. I have done this on many occasions since i have a bad habit of wheeling alone lol
Absolutely worst incident for me was was a trip to a mountain stream with wife, friend, and his really pregnant wife. Had been raining (in Germany) for several days, but never had a problem in that area before. However, this time, lost enough traction to not climb over even a tiny mound. No real problem since a minor shove would easily get us moving again.

His pregnant wife did not know how to drive. My wife got behind the wheel, with the three of us (yes, even the pregnant wife) shoving. My wife hit the accelerator hard and promptly sprayed all three of us with smelly mud. It was a very quiet drive back to town and his wife (no sense of humor) never rode with us again.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #86
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_283 View Post
COME ON GUYS!

No recommendations to jam rocks and sticks in front of the rear tires (maybe the front too)? Then when the tires start slipping hopefully some tread will grab a rock or stick, pull it underneath, jam under the tire, and gradually lift you out. If your tires are mud packed, grab a stick and clean out the tread.
You missed my reply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post

My own answer to the OP is (if he has nothing else than what the truck comes with, stock):

Make a roadbed of plant material (branches, small logs, etc. and start by jacking up each tire and placing rocks or wood under the tires so the truck is at the same level as the terrain (not burried below it) and on top of solid matter... then as much new roadbed you can place in front of the tires to get your momentum up and out of the squishy stuff.

If needed (and specially if you can't obtain rocks or wood), deflate the tires to widen the foot print. Just start your drive out above the stuck by raising the tires and filling in the hole below them with anything, including mud, before lowering the jack.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #87
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
or you know my reply, the long ass one on the first page
Old 02-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #88
Faryota is a splendid one to beholdFaryota is a splendid one to beholdFaryota is a splendid one to beholdFaryota is a splendid one to beholdFaryota is a splendid one to beholdFaryota is a splendid one to beholdFaryota is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mic
Faryota's Tacoma Gallery
I always have a Hi-lift jack, shovel & ax....jack it up, throw some limbs in the holes, hope for the best! Don't go wheeliing with out the right stuff!!!!! I think a winch is cheap insurance if you wheel much!!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #89
brp is on a distinguished road
brp's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't have a locker or some type of limited slip, you could gently apply the emergency brake and hope to get both rear wheels turning.

Here is something that I just thought of, but have never tried. This would be last ditch type of situation. Instead of carrying sand bags for traction, carry bags of concrete. Then, if you get stuck in a wet/muddy situation, dump the concrete in the hole and wait a while. Might actually work.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #90
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
If you don't have a locker or some type of limited slip, you could gently apply the emergency brake and hope to get both rear wheels turning.

Here is something that I just thought of, but have never tried. This would be last ditch type of situation. Instead of carrying sand bags for traction, carry bags of concrete. Then, if you get stuck in a wet/muddy situation, dump the concrete in the hole and wait a while. Might actually work.
LOL is that the red neck version of A-trac?
Old 02-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #91
Dwill817 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
Dwill817's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
Several friends or associates say similar. Sadly, I haven't yet had a chance to really explore the area. Only moved to Alabama three months ago, so this state is still new to me. However, all that will change soon enough.
Well.. you'll love it down here.. there's some bad people but there is some really good people around here! Just start exploring, find some old backroads and hit all the dirt roads you see! haha
Old 02-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #93
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
anyone think of a downside to those?
Old 02-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #95
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO View Post
Only downside I've found is they're expensive...$300-ish I believe. But I definitely plan on getting some in the near future.
Non-skid on both sides of a piece of plywood actually works pretty well and only cost $15 ish
Old 02-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #96
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Waffle boards are cheaper. So are smittybilt element ramps.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #97
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Deflating your tires is even cheaper! LOL
Old 02-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #98
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Deflating your tires is even cheaper! LOL
What if your stuck with the stock dunflops?
Old 02-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #99
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
Non-skid on both sides of a piece of plywood actually works pretty well and only cost $15 ish
I'm not one to trust plywood to hold my truck up in a hole...not about half-assing things, especially when it can land me stranded in the middle of no where...
Old 02-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #100

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
What if your stuck with the stock dunflops?
It will only make them better! DEFLATE!

Products Discussed in this Thread