Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Trails in Wyoming

Old 02-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
DENVERtacoManiac is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
DENVERtacoManiac's Tacoma Gallery
Trails in Wyoming

Does anyone know of any trails in wyoming that arent regulated by the authorities, i just recently moved to laramie and want to do some wheelin but can find much on the net about places to go, any help would be appreciated. thanks
Old 02-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Theres a couple guys there in Laramie, I'd get ahold of them. Check the regional forums too.

The Snowies have some areas. There are plenty of dirt county and forest roads near Laramie to check out. Some more technical than the others.

Just remember, rural WY can be unforgiving, carry the essentials and appropriate gear for any possible scenario.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
When I lived there, I always went out to the Medicine Bows just east of Laramie. Some cool stuff if you look around. Couldnt help you much now, as its been 5 years since I lived there and my memory has blended all the dirt.. As Max said though, be prepared. I spent a night out there once (in the Medicine Bows) after my truck fell through a snow drift and sunk to the frame. Spent 4 hours digging and the truck just kept settling, further resting on the frame. Ran out of energy, got what little sleep I could (in really cold temps and not enough gas to run engine) and got back at it the next morning. By 10am I was out and by 1pm I was ordering a Warn M8000 winch. I felt like a total douche after the experience, but in hindsight, fun..
Old 02-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
DENVERtacoManiac is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
DENVERtacoManiac's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the help im not looking for crazy wheelin maybe just some summertime water crossings and muddy trails
Old 02-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #5
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Laramie! There are a myriad of great trails that fit what you're looking for up in the Snowies (obviously closed for the season right now though). Just stop in at the USFS office here in town and they have some good maps of trails in the area. I'm unfortunately moving to WI soon, but hit up Pyroskier when it opens up, he lives here as well.
I think any of the trails are stocker friendly. My favorite trail is USFS Rd 103, it's un-maintained and runs right behind the peaks.

All these pics I took on the trails in the Snowies, give you an idea of what's out there.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
You're right though, there's not a whole lot of trails out here that are 'documented' and most aren't too crazy like some of the trails in CO. Like the trails in the Snowies, just find some good USFS maps and you should be able to spot the interesting ones.

Here's some videos of some of the trails outside of Lander we want to hit this summer at the next WY meet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRV78...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxGDuWfFIfk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nJq0Pnfn9k
Old 02-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #7
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Damn, I'd have been all over those this summer if I knew about em.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #8
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Welcome to Laramie! There are a myriad of great trails that fit what you're looking for up in the Snowies (obviously closed for the season right now though). Just stop in at the USFS office here in town and they have some good maps of trails in the area. I'm unfortunately moving to WI soon, but hit up Pyroskier when it opens up, he lives here as well.
I think any of the trails are stocker friendly. My favorite trail is USFS Rd 103, it's un-maintained and runs right behind the peaks.

All these pics I took on the trails in the Snowies, give you an idea of what's out there.

holy crap that looks amazing!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #9
Thank you to all our miltary personnel for serving
TyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
TyT's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^Agree 100% please post more of your truck and wyoming!

Ty
Old 02-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #10

Wrong side of the state but heres a thread full of pictures from my trips this summer up in the Wyoming Range mostly.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ing-adventures
Old 02-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #11

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
We started a thread for WY meet pics. Although some 'tard that will not be named, doesn't know how to properly manage his photobucket account.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ic-thread.html
Old 02-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #12
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
ROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: EOD Tech
Name: Jake
ROGU3 PR3DATOR's Tacoma Gallery
This is why I miss Wyoming...

Quote:

Old 02-29-2012, 01:20 AM   #13
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We started a thread for WY meet pics. Although some 'tard that will not be named, doesn't know how to properly manage his photobucket account.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ic-thread.html
Hey hey hey!!...im gonna fix it...sheesh..haha

Welcome man! Im not in laramie but much farther north. However as Jon stated, we love hitting the fun out back roads. You will find TONS of them in WY. Its great

Also do check into the regional area in the WY thread!

And keep your eyes open for the WY meet thread. I will start that here soon in the next week or so The vids Jon posted are what we will be hitting!
Old 02-29-2012, 05:37 AM   #16
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Does the Colorado boy have to be the Master of Obvious right now?

Vedauwoo.

(they still let you wheel there, right?)
Old 02-29-2012, 07:20 AM   #17
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
nice camo

Old 02-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #19
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Does the Colorado boy have to be the Master of Obvious right now?

Vedauwoo.

(they still let you wheel there, right?)
https://www.google.com/search?q=Veda...w=1125&bih=640