LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Poor Man's Winch: Hand Winch?

Old 03-04-2012, 05:38 AM   #21
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
I got a come along in my truck used it a few times. slow but gets the job done.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #22
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
I've had a Wyeth-Scott power puller for several years and it's gotten me (and others) out of a few jams; I just purchased new amsteel line for it replacing the 5/16" wire that originally came w/ it

I also carry 100' of winch extension (5/16" amsteel) line and a snatch block which really extends the hand winch's usefulness

electric winch is definitely nice, but a good one (and a good bumper) adds up to a lot of cash, the W-S isn't cheap, but much cheaper than the above- even if you upgraded to an electric winch in the future the W-S would still be handy to carry as a backup or on the occasions when you want to pull from two different angles
Old 04-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #23
Wheeling mine, back to working on everyone else's
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous7 View Post
i got you all beat...

I hope you know that is not a come-a-long or "hand winch"...its a load tensioner and shouldnt be used as a winch.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #24
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
i second the hi-lift idea, works great with proper attachments