Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Tacoma to the rescue

Old 12-11-2008, 08:39 PM   #1
ajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ajviper7's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma to the rescue

I live near one of the largest Air Force bases in the country, Eglin AFB, it has a reservation of well over 250,000 acres that is open to hunting, fishing, trail riding, etc. It has been raining hard here for two days straight, and today I got a call from a long time friend who had gotten his single cab Z71 stuck while scouting an area to hunt (Florida's hunting season reopens in a day or two) and he asked if I could come and pull him out. I said yes, knowing exactly where he was. So I got going down this trail that he was on, which was very muddy and extremely slick (much to my dismay), and I saw an Air Force truck burried to the frame on the side of the road, it was a 4 door long bed Duramax diesel 4x4. Some G.I.'s got it stuck trying to turn around and since I was already out there I figured that I might as well try to help out. So I hooked up the strap and two good tugs later my Tacoma pulled that damn duramax out the mud and back onto the semi-dry road. The G.I.'s were very thankful, probably because I saved their asses. But after that I went down the road a bit and pulled my friends Z71 out which had slid off of the slick red clay road into an even slicker ditch, which I had no problem pulling him out of. I usually try and avoid mud with my truck, but today it was inevitable. I was very impressed my Taco though, I really put it through its paces today. Sorry for such a long post with no pictures (I'm an asshole, I know) but I didn't have my camera with me, just thought I would share my story for the day.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
praetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nice

Marines: 0333-Accuracy by Volume
praetor's Tacoma Gallery
You asked for it

Old 12-11-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
praetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nice

praetor's Tacoma Gallery
Great job though. I have yet hit mud with mine but it is inevitable.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #5
ajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by praetor View Post
You asked for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Red Taco View Post
you've better not have gone without a camera.
Haha, yeah I figured that was coming. I guess I deserve it. Normally I wouldn't have left my house without the camera, but suprisingly enough I was actually out doing some early Christmas shopping (a rarity for me) when I got the call and I just didn't have the camera in my truck. It sure would have been a unique picture though, Tacoma pulling out an olive drab Air Force duramax full of G.I.'s. Maybe I'll start keeping the camera in my truck.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #7

praetor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My camera lives in my truck!
Ditto. Though, every now and then I bring it inside to take pictures of the family.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:15 PM   #9
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
I believe the mud that would have been there. I'm in Orlando right now and the rain was intense until about 2 this afternoon, glad you had some fun in the mud and let that chevy know whos boss.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:21 PM   #10
Johnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to all

Johnson8537's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My camera lives in my truck!
Mine lives in my pocket... ( Cell Phone for those NEEDED pictures.)
Old 12-12-2008, 02:48 AM   #11
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
I should show this to my BF who has an extended cab Z71 4x4 and a double cab Duramax 4x4 and he teases me about my "little toy truck" .
Old 12-12-2008, 12:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevigee View Post
Well - at least take pics of it covered in mud tomrw
It actually isn't all that dirty, the wheel wells are but the truck itself is rather clean given the circumstances. The mud flaps really do a good job. But as you read this it is probably going to be entirely mud free because I am just about to take and pressure wash it, I'm somewhat of a clean freak when it come to my truck.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:41 PM   #14
Flaadog is on a distinguished road

Flaadog's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of tires do you have?
Old 12-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaadog View Post
What kind of tires do you have?
Stock 265/70/16 Rugged Trails.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:03 AM   #16
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
I had a similar situation happen to me, but with and F250. Great story! Good to hear positve things about the 2nd gen tacomas when i keep reading posts about problems people have been having.