Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

hand winch instead of power winch?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #21
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
I have a W-S power puller in my truck and one in my work truck, they've come in handy several times Granted it's not nearly as efficient as a bumper winch, but it's certainly cheaper and they aren't overly large so they stow away pretty well

if you plan on needing a winch a lot than a bumper winch is clearly the better option, if the need is very infrequently then the W-S is a viable alternative imo
Old 03-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #22
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
quick note- the power puller (Wyeth-Scott) is also available now w/ Amsteel line (5/16"), I just ordered some, as mine is an older model I had to also upgrade to the newer style drum to fit the 35' replacement
Old 03-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #23
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
a buddy of mine is hooking me up with a 12k harbor freight winch but i still plan on getting the w-s as a back up
Old 03-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #25
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4892 View Post
rule of thumb with Harbor freight, if it has motors or moving parts dont get it there.
rule of thumb with life, if someone gives you a $600 winch for free don't say no
Old 03-30-2012, 01:46 AM   #26
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrGExperience View Post
rule of thumb with life, if someone gives you a $600 winch for free don't say no
well played sir!

Products Discussed in this Thread