Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Invisible holes

Old 12-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
praetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nice

Marines: 0333-Accuracy by Volume
praetor's Tacoma Gallery
Invisible holes

You're screaming down a dirt track pushing 70 when out of nowhere a hole pops up and grabs one of your tires. The resulting shock makes you wonder how the entire wheel assembly didn't fly through the quarter panel and rip your truck in half. Sound familiar?

I was running down a road I have driven a thousand times with four different trucks. Today I found a hole I have missed forever. Only hit it with my front wheel but it tested that suspension. With the noise it made I thought for sure it popped my tire.

So nothig wrong I just wanted to share.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
Be a fountain, not a drain.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by praetor View Post
You're screaming down a dirt track pushing 70 when out of nowhere a hole pops up and grabs one of your tires. The resulting shock makes you wonder how the entire wheel assembly didn't fly through the quarter panel and rip your truck in half. Sound familiar?

I was running down a road I have driven a thousand times with four different trucks. Today I found a hole I have missed forever. Only hit it with my front wheel but it tested that suspension. With the noise it made I thought for sure it popped my tire.

So nothig wrong I just wanted to share.
I like your sig.

Chesty was a frickin' Marine's Marine.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
oh yeah, i popped like 4 tires on my previous car in different ocassions...... low profiles tires, rain season and city pavement covered in holes, its not a good combination...
Old 12-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #4
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
mine met a tree stump inches from the tire going like 20mph in a mud hole it was apparently buried in, but no damage thank god!
Old 12-24-2008, 11:25 AM   #5
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
My old car was an 04 quattro a4 fully modded on 19's... I was taking a sharp turn when midway through the turn found a new big pothole from the rain... Lets just say it cost me a new tire, wheel, and alignment. I am just happy that I pulled through the skid after I hit it! I miss that car it was a beast with the awd. Some lucky shmuck is driving it around not knowing its full potential. (it had a chip in it that was flashed so I left it turned off when I sold it to the stealership.)