Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Roof racks

Old 12-16-2008, 01:47 PM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
^^
that rack is fantastic -- where did you find that picture?
Old 12-17-2008, 07:44 AM   #6
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
every rack i have ever seen for our tacomas has been hideous.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:49 AM   #7
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
My only concerns would be wind noise, wind resistance and it not fitting in my garage. But I really like the looks of them. I just don't have a need to put anything on my roof. I have enough lights up front and I can carry enough in the bed so I don't see myself getting/building one.
I can't imagine what I would put on the roof either, but I want to mount lights. This seems to be the only "good looking" way I can think to do it...
Old 12-17-2008, 08:38 AM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
what about skipping the whole rack part and doing some sort of bed mount light bar

of course not the cheesy chrome ones but rather one like the demello custom job thats been floating around here
Old 12-18-2008, 08:01 AM   #16
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i think its hideous. I would strongly encourage you NOT to do something so devastating to the appearnce of your truck.

Also, take the tonneau cover off and do a black headache rack IF ANYTHING

just my opinion obviously
Old 12-18-2008, 08:41 AM   #17
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
i think its hideous. I would strongly encourage you NOT to do something so devastating to the appearnce of your truck.

Also, take the tonneau cover off and do a black headache rack IF ANYTHING

just my opinion obviously
Considering the tonneau cost me $1000, I'm gonna keep it on for a while.

But rest assured that I won't do this mod if I'm not in love with the rack design. The one photoshopped above is really too tall - I want it a little lower profile. But it gives me an "idea"...
Old 12-18-2008, 08:52 AM   #18
Rock Solid Toy

Ill give it a shot when im drinking crown later
Old 12-22-2008, 03:52 AM   #19
bisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant future

bisdak10's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone know if you can paint the OEM roof rack?

i wanted it to be white... or at least the base white and the bars can stay black.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:13 AM   #20
Rock Solid Toy

you can paint anything you want..