Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Does anyone know of a bumper for a 89-95 pickup?

Old 03-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Heather
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know of a bumper for a 89-95 pickup?

I don't know where else to ask this... Anyway, I'm looking for a rear bumper for my 92 Toyota Pickup. I'd prefer a tube bumper to match my front tube bumper. I'm willing to pay for quality--to a point.

I've checked out a few places that make them, but no winners yet. I like the Tactical Armor Group one, but I have heard too many nightmare stories about them on all the 4x4 forums. Marlin Crawler is also nice, but it sounds like they won't have them in stock for a long time. Trail gear is OK, but seems cheaply made. The rest of the brands I found are $1000+ which I would like to avoid.

Anyway, let me know if you know of another company that makes them. I'd greatly appreciate it!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I think allpro makes a tube rear bumper. I'm partial to Trail Gear. My 85 has a drill stem bumper. Works pretty well.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrunner View Post
I think allpro makes a tube rear bumper. I'm partial to Trail Gear. My 85 has a drill stem bumper. Works pretty well.
Thanks for the info! I just checked out All Pro. Looks like they don't make a bumper for them currently. They do have nice looking sliders though... Did the Trail Gear one mount up well?
Old 03-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
valon5150 will become famous soon enough

Name: Steven
valon5150's Tacoma Gallery
CBI. Think it's only DIY bumper kits. I like their stuff.

http://www.cbioffroadfab.com/store/p...roducts_id=153
Old 03-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by valon5150 View Post
CBI. Think it's only DIY bumper kits. I like their stuff.

http://www.cbioffroadfab.com/store/p...roducts_id=153
What is required for a DIY kit?
Old 03-21-2012, 09:52 PM   #6

A welder(or friend with a welder) Basic welding skills
Old 03-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #7
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Try any local welding shops? A simple tube bumper might only set you back $200-$500
Old 03-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #8
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A welder(or friend with a welder) Basic welding skills
I wish i had some of those things!Lol. I'm thinking I better go with something fully built and ready to bolt on...
Old 03-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #9

Was browsing Trail Gear and noticed this.

http://www.trail-gear.com/bumpers

Front and rear
Old 03-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #10
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Around here every truck from that time frame has a Smittybilt double tube on it. Like from Back To The Future LOL. I had one on my 86. I just looked on Smittybilt's site and looks like they are pretty much into Jeeps now.

Maybe try calling the junkyards and see if they have a Toyota with a tube bumper on it? Get it cheap enough and you can have it sandblasted and powdercoated to look fresh again.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #11
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Was browsing Trail Gear and noticed this.

http://www.trail-gear.com/bumpers

Front and rear
Yeah. I have been thinking that trail gear would be the best route. I have heard bad things about the quality of their bumpers, which i why ive been looking around at other options. I don't know if that is true or not though.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #12
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
Around here every truck from that time frame has a Smittybilt double tube on it. Like from Back To The Future LOL. I had one on my 86. I just looked on Smittybilt's site and looks like they are pretty much into Jeeps now.

Maybe try calling the junkyards and see if they have a Toyota with a tube bumper on it? Get it cheap enough and you can have it sandblasted and powdercoated to look fresh again.
Junk yard is an idea I hadnt thought of. I might do some checking around tomorrow!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:05 AM   #14
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rubi View Post
http://www.davezoffroadperformance.c...ar-bumper.html

Might have to wait a bit for him to build it though.
Thanks I like his bumpers and they are a reasonable price. I'm worried about build time though. His website ways 3-6 weeks, but people on some of the forums are saying it can be a year! Yikes!