Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Anyone Roll their 2nd Gen Offroading?

Old 03-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone Roll their 2nd Gen Offroading?

Just curious to see if anyone has rolled their 2nd gen while offroading. I've heard of a couple people rolling their tacos by going too fast around turns etc, but has anyone rolled their 2ng gen while rock crawiling/trail riding, like in 4wd-lo? And if so, what were you doing and how high of a lift did you have on your truck? I ask because these trucks can get into some pretty gnarly situations but I've never heard of or seen one topple over.

Thanks guys.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
we had a florida member flip a 2nd gen at an offroad park, but it was due to a drift. when wheeling at speed, it's a whole different monster than off camber rollovers.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
wheres that dude who rolled the silver one and started cussing himself out?
wasn't there a video of that floating around here at one point?
Old 03-22-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
ahh there's Einstein right there!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
Swerve for nothing

Quote:
oh, u want a slow speed flop, sorry
hell, that one is good too!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #9
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh, u want a slow speed flop, sorry
haha well those are the situations where I've felt like I was going to roll. I would really like to see a vid of this just to see how much off-camber our trucks can get
Old 03-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #10
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did he get hurt? Truck on it's driver's door with driver (?) yelling obscenities doesn't look good. He probably understands inertia and center of gravity better now though.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #11
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
3" lifted reg cab is pretty stable in this regard.

Higher rigs and flexier suspensions encourage the rollover thing.

I had my F150 std cab 30 degrees off camber as measured by an inclinometer.

I had my Tacoma slid down inside the "crack" at Hollister Hills (as a result of an "unintended approach line"), no inclinometer handy, but felt like a gnarlier angle than even that. I still have the "Skid marks on the driver seat" from that day. :P
Old 04-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #12
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
While I was pretty far from flipping. It sure felt like it and I checked my pants afterwards

http://youtu.be/uqhe48eAges
Old 04-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #13
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
While I was pretty far from flipping. It sure felt like it and I checked my pants afterwards

http://youtu.be/uqhe48eAges
Next time, please don't put your arm out the window. Hold tight to that steering wheel.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #15
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Next time, please don't put your arm out the window. Hold tight to that steering wheel.
I had my arm resting on the door panel, it slipped then gravity took over. It was pretty hard to stay in the seat at that angle.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #16
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
I had my arm resting on the door panel, it slipped then gravity took over. It was pretty hard to stay in the seat at that angle.

tsk! stop lying, you know your first reaction was to stick your arm out to keep the truck from rolling over. It's a good thing your "survival instinct" told you to stick your arm back in the truck before it turned into an ungodly sight!

j/k

I literally inhaled and held my breath when I saw your arm stick out the window. haha
Old 04-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #18
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
But he is Mcgyver!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
oh, and by the way, good on you for showing others how not to approach!

No problem, any time.