Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Camp Along Imogene Pass??

Old 03-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
brp is on a distinguished road
brp's Tacoma Gallery
Camp Along Imogene Pass??

I am wondering if anybody knows about camping along Imogene Pass?
-Is it allowed?
-Are there designated camping areas or places to pull of to the side?

Thanks
Old 03-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
BVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to behold
BVCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have not been on Imogene Pass, but been on a lot of other back roads in Colorado. As long as it is in the national forest, you should be able to disperse camp as long as you do not disturb a new area. Pretty much all roads that I have been on mountain passes in CO have a lot of different areas to pull off and camp!

Enjoy your trip!
Old 03-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
skiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
skiracer0112's Tacoma Gallery
Its been a few years but we always just found a pull out or a trail off the side to park on and throw up a tent. At that time there were not designated areas for camping.

I don't think that traffic on the pass has increased to the point that it would be a problem but I'm not certain.

Have a fun trip!
Old 03-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
rlew is on a distinguished road
rlew's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think you can on the west side of the pass. There are so many warning signs about mines and dangerous cave in conditions. The east side of the pass has tons of camping spots all the way down to where you start running into private property.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
I am wondering if anybody knows about camping along Imogene Pass?
-Is it allowed?
-Are there designated camping areas or places to pull of to the side?

Thanks
best bet is to obtain a MVU map of the area from the forest ranger/district..they usually give you camping guidelines...they give you distance from the trail, streams, etc that you must setup camp..

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...-%20Recreation

good place to start