Notices

First time offroading

Old 12-15-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
Fat Scott
Ascott7555 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Lance Corporal 2/2 Echo
Ascott7555's Tacoma Gallery
First time offroading

We've had alot of heavy rain here in Jacksonville lately, and id been burning to take the new truck offroad. I finaly heard of a few trails out at Croatan State Park, so I grabbed three of my buddies and a 12 pack and headed up there. Most of the time was spent driving around looking for trails, but I finally found a few and got a feel for my trucks abilities, as well as getting my feet wet at offroading ( except for riding in my buddies trucks in high school, the only times I had been offroad was bouncing around a humvee in the desert being miserable) The first one was a powerline trail that did not look very promising but I figured what the hell. I ended up getting myself stuck on a tree stump hidden under some grass, but we fixed that with a couple of logs. The last one was pretty badass, and I had a hell of a time, I think I went up and down 3 or 4 times. Some of the mud holes looked pretty intimidating, but by the last time I went through in 3rd gear/ 4x4 low I barely even slowed down. I was extremely impressed with how my Truck handled.

But god damn...they told me black was a hard color to keep clean... 15 bucks later and two car washes later I still have alot to clean.

I knew that I was going to do some modifications, but after all that and watching some youtube videos, im trying to figure out a budget till my EAS.
Attached Thumbnails
First time offroading-img_2978.jpg  
Old 12-15-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
slo2sixty is on a distinguished road

slo2sixty's Tacoma Gallery
thats what we like to see! Keep up the good work.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:46 AM   #4
Damn you, vile woman!
Stewie is on a distinguished road

Stewie's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work, LOOKS GOOD! Can't wait to take mine off road, I still haven't gotten the nerve.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:44 AM   #5
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascott7555 View Post
But god damn...they told me black was a hard color to keep clean... 15 bucks later and two car washes later I still have alot to clean.
Yep black is a bitch, but it is the best color. Like Tacomaman06 said you should come to Uwharrie with us in the spring it is a blast! Happy Modding!
Old 12-16-2008, 11:23 AM   #6
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
someone drawing on the side of your truck? grounds for a backhand where i'm from...especially on black paint. don't roll down your windows with crud on them either.

as for the offroading bug...check out TTORA.com. lots of offroad modding going on there.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:25 AM   #7
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, thats a muddy truck....nice job

but if someone had written something in my dirty black truck paint, i would punch him on the face.... i hope that doesnt leave a mark....
Old 12-24-2008, 11:16 AM   #8
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
haha it took me 3 days 20 bucks and 2 brushes and cleaning supplies to get mine clean after mudding in it the 1st time

1st day did exterior just to clean off a lil mud so mom wouldnt freak
2nd days actually washed it, got mud off roof ect
3rd day put it on ramps, got a hose+stiff brush and cleaned underr carraige
Old 12-26-2008, 01:05 PM   #9
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
be careful off roading in the croatan...i was there one day and i got stuck in my old 4runner. i had to get pulled out by some guy who was passing by and he was really hesitant about helping me. he said there were big fines for off roading back there. later that day we saw a park ranger and he told me (after noticing the mud all over my truck) that i could have been fined $10,000 for going down some of those trails off the main dirt road. i dodged a HUGE bullet that day. its not all of them but some of those trails are strictly off limits for some reason.