Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Airing Down Tires

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CollegeKevin's Tacoma Gallery
Airing Down Tires

What do you guys do to air down tires. I was thinking about purchasing something similar to Staun Tyre Deflators. First time I was out on the beach (last sunday) I did it the old fashioned way by pressing in the valve stem to release the air. Took me probably 15 minutes to do all 4 tires continually letting air out and checking. Im looking for an easier way.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
TacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet -11B
Name: Randy
TacoRan's Tacoma Gallery
I use a tire deflator kit from Trailhead. You have to spend a little time calibrating them but they work great. I think they were around $45 from amazon.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
i just hve the cheapo deflators. mine are screw on and they press downon the valve stem. mine were like 15 bux. ijust check the pressure with a gauge, doing two tires at a time. i can air down in about 4-5 mins
Old 04-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
There's a star tool that u can use to screw into the threads and it has a piece that makes contact with the valve stem and will release air till u unscrew it.

Staun/coyote would prolly be the best option if u have the need and can justify the cost....I wish I could
I like cheap, or home made, but I also like easy and fast. I was thinking maybe the ARB EZ Deflator http://www.amazon.com/ARB-ARB505-E-Z...3502429&sr=1-1. $20 cheaper then the Iron Man Speedy http://www.4wd1.com/tyre-deflators.htm
Old 04-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #6
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
mine are teraflex
Old 04-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at the arb one too anybody have any experience with it?
Old 04-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
I was looking at the arb one too anybody have any experience with it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tjdnSuiJuI

It seems quick and simple.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #9
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
There's also a much less expensive version of the Trailhead deflators that just stay open forever till you remove them. You just keep walking around the truck checking the pressure until they reach the pressure you want.

Cheap, fast, works great.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
There's also a much less expensive version of the Trailhead deflators that just stay open forever till you remove them. You just keep walking around the truck checking the pressure until they reach the pressure you want.

Cheap, fast, works great.
But you have to unscrew them to put your tire pressure gauge on them to keep checking current pressure, or you go by counting seconds which can vary by tire temperature and altitude. I did consider this alternative.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #11
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Kevin View Post
But you have to unscrew them to put your tire pressure gauge on them to keep checking current pressure, or you go by counting seconds which can vary by tire temperature and altitude. I did consider this alternative.
No, you take the pressure THROUGH the deflator without removing it, while its running. It's easy.

The pressure gauge pops onto the deflator in the same way as it does the schrader valve itself.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #12
Money Pit
tacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant future

Name: Chase
tacoma89's Tacoma Gallery
I made my own for under 5 bucks. they are screw on and by the time i get the 4th one on i can start taking the first one off. Works well for me and the price was right. (note: i found the idea online and copied it)
Old 04-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #13
valon5150 will become famous soon enough

Name: Steven
valon5150's Tacoma Gallery
I simply use my knife.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #14
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
curry ez deflator
Old 04-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
curry ez deflator
That's a good price
Old 04-04-2012, 05:22 AM   #16
TacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet -11B
Name: Randy
TacoRan's Tacoma Gallery
With mine you pre-set them to deflate to whatever psi you want. When you get to the beach and/or trail you just screw them in and they deflate to that pressure and stop. Don't have to check or anything. You could even drive with them on if you want. I go to Assateague Island on the beach and there are a ton of horse flys that eat you alive where you stop to air down. Its nice to throw on the deflators and get in the cab quick.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #17
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
umm valve stem remover??

takes me 1 minute to air down all 4 tires and only cost me a dollar.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #18
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery

ARB EZ Deflator: 35.50
The unique patented design of the ARB E-Z Deflator allows the valve core to be removed to deflate the tire rapidly. An integrated sliding valve provides an accurate reading of the tire pressure while deflation is in process. The valve core is securely held within the sliding valve mechanism during deflation. Packaged in a canvas pouch, the ARB E-Z Deflator is the perfect addition to your recovery kit. Make sure you have a compressor or CO2 system to air up when you're done playing.

TRAILHEAD Automatic Tire Deflator Kit:

5psi to 20psi Adjustable Set: 58.00

15psi to 40psi Adjustable Set: 58.00
TRAILHEAD Automatic Tire Deflators offer a quick and convenient way to air down. Simply screw them onto the tire stem and they do the rest. They automatically reduce the air pressure in a tire to a preset level and then stop, preventing any further loss of air from the tire. They will function properly whether your vehicle is stationary or traveling at speeds of 20 mph or less. The kit comes as pictured with 4 deflators. Available in red, blue or silver colors. Click here to visit the TRAILHEAD website for more info. Made in the USA, Lifetime Warranty.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #19
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
I use the ARB EZ Deflator. Works very fast.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #20
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
curry ez deflator
x2

easy and cheaper than arb

Products Discussed in this Thread