Notices

Need some advice from some experts

Old 04-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
TacoLover
Yotacoma92 is on a distinguished road
Name: Zack
Yotacoma92's Tacoma Gallery
Need some advice from some experts

I have a 99 tacoma SR5 4x4 w/ manual hubs. it has a 3 in suspension lift with spacers and blocks. i am trying to get rid of the spacers and get a 3in lift with just springs. any suggestions on some products that would be affordable yet reliable?
[IMG[/IMG]
Old 04-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
bilistein 5100s and an add a leaf
Old 04-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

welcome to TW by the way truck looks great. good idea about ditching the spacers and blocks
Old 04-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
TacoLover
i have thought about add a leafs but my rear leaf springs are completly shot i bottom out over the smallest bumps in the road
Old 04-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #5
TacoLover
Thanks i like your front guard with the hellas. did you build it yourself?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #6

well depending on the amount you want to spend, you may want to look into a full OME (old man Emu) set up. For 2nd gens with new UCA's it is roughly 1200 (in canada).

bilistein shocks all the way around with a new leaf pack will be probably 700 (400 roughly for the billis and 300 for the leaf pack depending on what you gget)

check out downsouth motorsports (a vendor on here) or toyotec lifts (http://www.toyteclifts.com/) for prices.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #7

thanks for the compliment by the way. I love the first gens, your truck looks mean

i didnt build it, but i got it from a vendor on here. The light bar is from "avid offroad" (i think-everyone just calls it a avid light bar)
Old 04-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
TacoLover
Thanks man i put my heart and soul into her im gonna post more pics on here soon. i was thinking about doing new leaf springs for $400 it will give me a 2.5 to 3.5in lift and some HD coils up front for $25 apeice
Old 04-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #9
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Get some Old Man Emu coils up front and some Dakar leaves for the rear along with your choice of shocks (i'd use either Biltein or OME) and you'll be good to go.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
dbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brooks
dbkid05tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i can vouch for the bilistein 5100s. i have them on my prerunner and after all the abuse and abuse i have put them through they are still good. especially when i decide to go crawling with them. My best friend also has them on his jeep rubicon and he loves them.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotacoma92 View Post
Thanks man i put my heart and soul into her im gonna post more pics on here soon. i was thinking about doing new leaf springs for $400 it will give me a 2.5 to 3.5in lift and some HD coils up front for $25 apeice
look forward to the pics.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #13
jsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 6th Motor Transport Battalion
Name: Jeff
jsmarine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Get some Old Man Emu coils up front and some Dakar leaves for the rear along with your choice of shocks (i'd use either Biltein or OME) and you'll be good to go.
x2! You can get a full OME set up with new springs and shocks, front and rear, for about $1,000. Best setup out there for the money IMO.

If money is tight, do the front first and leave the rear alone for now.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #14
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
my setup is bilstein 5100's paired with eibach 3" lift springs from toytec and a 2" AAL. depending on your budget get new leaf pack, an AAL will re arch them but not permanently.
how my truck sits:
Old 04-12-2012, 01:37 AM   #16
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
For the money OME or 5100's and eibachs up front with new leafs and shocks in the rear will ride like a dream compared to the current set up! Good luck man and nice truck!

Good companies to go with....
Wheelers Offroad, Toytec Lifts or Down South Motorsports! I believe DSM will match any price!
Old 04-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #18
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
For the money OME or 5100's and eibachs up front with new leafs and shocks in the rear will ride like a dream compared to the current set up! Good luck man and nice truck!

Good companies to go with....
Wheelers Offroad, Toytec Lifts or Down South Motorsports! I believe DSM will match any price!
Dont forget to check out Cruiser Outfitters for OME stuff. Cruiser Outfitters rocks!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotacoma92 View Post
The rear springs are way worse than the fronts though
if your super tight on mulla, you could always get a used leaf pack and just do the front with billis, and then down the road do one of the suggested setups, but IMO i would just sav a bit more and do it all at once.

every setup that has been suggested is top notch. Now just the gruelling decision of which one