LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Popped my 4x4 cherry....

Old 04-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #41
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Crap. He said it. Here it comes...

There is no reason for you know who to come in here and start preaching ATRAC because the OP doesn't have hit on his truck .

Only a complete moron douchebag would do that .

I hope this post is clear enough for those reading along .
Old 04-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #42
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Edited my post just in case Atrac derp comes along
Old 04-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #43
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Haha ! Niiiiiice !! Hey bro' you're going about learning offroading & your truck just right , not too much too soon, get your skills & confidence up a little at a time, too many here (especially in socal it seems) go out & bomb the shit out of their trucks right out of the gate & end up with a very neg. experience, along with a trashed truck....

Old 04-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #44
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I think it is interesting that the new Sport owner didn't even know if he had A-TRAC or not... let alone what it is!

Sounds like I (and others who have learned what it is) haven't said enough (lol) about the Off Road TRD differences or advantages... For sure the salesman gets a fail for not offering a choice.

Naturally, Canada has a disadvantage by not offering the Off Road TRD on a double cab up there. So, get some lockers added or do the 4 low trac mod, at the minimum!

Peace to you all!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #45
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
I think it is interesting that the new Sport owner didn't even know if he had A-TRAC or not... let alone what it is!

Sounds like I (and others who have learned what it is) haven't said enough (lol) about the Off Road TRD differences or advantages... For sure the salesman gets a fail for not offering a choice.

Naturally, Canada has a disadvantage by not offering the Off Road TRD on a double cab up there. So, get some lockers added or do the 4 low trac mod, at the minimum!

Peace to you all!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #46
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
x the US Debt
Old 04-13-2012, 02:14 AM   #47
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
He must use search frequently!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #48
ComaWhite is on a distinguished road

Name: Nolan
ComaWhite's Tacoma Gallery
My previous vehicles were Honda Civic, Mazda Protege, Toyota Echo and Honda Civic - none of them sat more than 5 inches off the ground.

It's all new to me baby, so i don't really give a fuck if i come off as un-educated or in-experienced - both labels are correct

I was wearing white shoes and new jeans, there was no way i was getting out to make any adjustments. I also had a 4 year old and 7 year old in the back screaming 'we're gonna have to go to the hospital' any time the truck rocked to the side.

I just turned off traction control (salesman went over this with me) so the tires could dig in a bit, and stomped on the gas while cranking on the wheel. Drive, Reverse, Drive, Reverse....dig dig dig....finally got my front end facing where i came from and straight lined it out.

WIN!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #49
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaWhite View Post
My previous vehicles were Honda Civic, Mazda Protege, Toyota Echo and Honda Civic - none of them sat more than 5 inches off the ground.

It's all new to me baby, so i don't really give a fuck if i come off as un-educated or in-experienced - both labels are correct

I was wearing white shoes and new jeans, there was no way i was getting out to make any adjustments. I also had a 4 year old and 7 year old in the back screaming 'we're gonna have to go to the hospital' any time the truck rocked to the side.

I just turned off traction control (salesman went over this with me) so the tires could dig in a bit, and stomped on the gas while cranking on the wheel. Drive, Reverse, Drive, Reverse....dig dig dig....finally got my front end facing where i came from and straight lined it out.

WIN!

you did fine dude.....
Old 04-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #50
Be back Summer of 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaWhite View Post

WIN!
Nice gotta start some time!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #51
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Put a set of MT's on that bad boy and gunner through the mud. She'll pull like a Skidoo in winter!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #52
DirtyTaco24 is on a distinguished road

Name: Greg
DirtyTaco24's Tacoma Gallery
Looks better dirty in my opinion
Old 04-20-2012, 11:10 PM   #53
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
That's just great, taking the family out and exploring some trails. Hope your lady will be as forgiving when MODs start popping up.. lol