LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

2008 Baja 1000 pics

Old 12-18-2008, 10:40 PM   #1
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
2008 Baja 1000 pics

Just a spectator this year but it was well worth the trip.

The drive to Ensenada was interesting. Tijuana is scary, and then there's a big Jesus.

Jaw-dropping views along the coast.

Happy to arrive

Class 7sx was full of Rangers with 1 lone Tacoma. I have lots of pictures of the fab work on this truck and have even more ideas after seeing what's possible within the SCORE rules.

It was nice to see a little bit of home in Mexico.

Cool trucks a-plenty. I'll spare you most of the shots but I liked the look of this.

These guys with the motorcycle sidecar actually finished the race!

7sx Tacoma entering the tech inspection area.

I need more lights on my truck.

The trick was to finish the 6-pack before it got warm.

And this simply made me laugh.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:42 PM   #2
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
The Tacoma sailing past at the start of the race:

Herbie ripping shiat up in the dirt:
Old 12-18-2008, 10:44 PM   #3
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
Man I miss being out there!! Nothing like Baja season parties!!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:47 PM   #4

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
And I wish I was living in San Diego!

Last video for now. Gotta post at least 1 trophy truck.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:48 PM   #5
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
Music to my ears!
Old 12-19-2008, 05:54 AM   #7
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Awesome pics! Can't wait till next year so we can see some race footage from inside the cab!
Oh hell ya!! That would be sweet. Helmet cam.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:12 AM   #9
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
so did you drive out there from NJ?

Next time let me know, we can caravan, i have been thinking of driving to SD for a while, but i need to stop in CO and WA
Old 12-19-2008, 06:29 AM   #10
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Cool pixs man i need to go and watch it one of the years i live right next door.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:46 AM   #11
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
And I wish I was living in San Diego!

Last video for now. Gotta post at least 1 trophy truck.
you chicken! Were you standing far enough away? What's the matter, you couldn't afford a plane ticket from Jersey?
Old 12-19-2008, 07:32 AM   #12

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Awesome pics! Can't wait till next year so we can see some race footage from inside the cab!
Damn right! I plan on having 2 cameras on the truck -- 1 facing front and 1 facing backwards.

http://www.chasecam.com/

These systems provide some amazing footage and record to solid-state so I won't have to worry about parts breaking from the bashing!
Old 12-19-2008, 07:43 AM   #14

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
so did you drive out there from NJ?

Next time let me know, we can caravan, i have been thinking of driving to SD for a while, but i need to stop in CO and WA
Drove out in September to get the rollcage certified and test at Barstow. Came home with a SCORE tag, a broken truck, my tail between my legs, and fresh determination.

I'll be driving out twice in the coming year, once for testing and once for the race. You're welcome to join in, but it's a southern route so SD and WA won't be on the way. But...

If you get the chance I HIGHLY recommend you head out that way! I cruised the country on a motorcycle back in 2005 and can't begin to describe the beauty and experiences out there!

Artist Point in Yellowstone. The lighting is unfortunate because the sun was setting ahead of me when I snapped this shot.

Devils Tower at 6:15am the morning of my climb. I have lots of pictures from the summit but they're on my computer at home.

The Black Hills, the Badlands, all of Yellowstone (give yourself a week there alone and make sure you bring hiking boots!), Montana in general...just get out there! And stay off the interstates. Take the 2-lane roads and you'll actually experience the areas you pass through instead of missing all the details.
Attached Thumbnails
2008 Baja 1000 pics-artistpoint.jpg   2008 Baja 1000 pics-img_0442.jpg  
Old 12-19-2008, 07:44 AM   #15

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
mjp2 who's running the chase truck/pit crew??? I would love to help out!!!
You just got added to the list. I've got a few people who've expressed interest and I'm keeping a list of contacts to notify as my plans start coming together.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:51 AM   #16
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
you just got added to the list. I've got a few people who've expressed interest and i'm keeping a list of contacts to notify as my plans start coming together.
sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 08:00 AM   #17
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah man, Ill probaly head up to WA then back east through CO, but when are you going?? and how fast do you drive ?
Old 12-19-2008, 08:04 AM   #18

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah man, Ill probaly head up to WA then back east through CO, but when are you going?? and how fast do you drive ?
Not sure of timing yet aside from the race in November. As far of speed it depends on my purpose. If it's a touring vacation then I move as fast as the wind blows, and in that direction too.

Preemptive: Yes, it's because my truck doesn't run and it's the only thing that powers it these days.

If I'm out there with a purpose and a destination, then I'm moving as fast as I can get away with. I'll probably be cruising a bit slower during my next couple of trips as I'll be towing instead of just driving, but I'm always reasonable on the road and stay aware of anyone I travel with.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:10 AM   #19
Rock Solid Toy

just cause my 35s dont like to go much over 75-80 Im getting 4.88s soon so I dont know what that will be like
Old 12-19-2008, 08:21 AM   #20

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just cause my 35s dont like to go much over 75-80 Im getting 4.88s soon so I dont know what that will be like
Yeah, that's plenty fast. No worries there.