Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Snow Shoes for trucks

Old 04-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Snow Shoes for trucks

Snow shoes for our TW friends up North.

http://youtu.be/XwpKjEa4LYY
Old 04-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty neat!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. Wonder how much they are though. Seems like a much better alternative than the system that replaces your entire wheels.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I like it, but I bet that trucks tie rod ends are shot now.... I would imagine most tie rod ends are not going to hold up, and if they do, your steering box will be shot.

I also want to see it actually go through some snow. I could drive right though that shit on bald tires.....
Old 04-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
Talbotman is on a distinguished road

Name: Joel
Talbotman's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Talbotman
that shit does not look like it would work i wonder how they are attached to the vehicle
Old 04-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbotman View Post
that shit does not look like it would work i wonder how they are attached to the vehicle
It looks like it somehow attaches to the lug nuts on the outside and there are chains on the inside. The rollers look like they keep the tire centered on the tracks.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
lolwut
Old 04-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
That's cool.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Neat! The vid is pretty impressive. They put that truck through some deep snow and decent climbs. The device provides both traction and clearance.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
Do or Do not there is no try.
Toyoda Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Toyoda Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Well I guess i can sell my snowmobile now.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #11
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
The description on the video said that this is just a promo video, they are not in production as of yet. Probably trying to get funding.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #12
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipskip View Post
The description on the video said that this is just a promo video, they are not in production as of yet. Probably trying to get funding.
I am sure that video was well edited. THough should they ever perfect these, I will be all over em.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #13

Yeah but does it come in blue?!
Old 04-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #14
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
Neat! The vid is pretty impressive. They put that truck through some deep snow and decent climbs. The device provides both traction and clearance.

That snow wasn't deep enough to require devices like that.... I'm not sold on it....
Old 04-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #15
Bush Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
That snow wasn't deep enough to require devices like that.... I'm not sold on it....
There is a lot more adversity to overcome than simply snow depth when to gain traction in those conditions. They are on to something pretty cool in my opinion. Have you ever driven an ATV in snow using trax vs. tires?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #16
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Meh

Interesting , but I'll stick to my dog team and trusty sled
Old 04-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #17
Bush Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Meh

Interesting , but I'll stick to my dog team and trusty sled
Old 04-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #18
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I also want to see it actually go through some snow. I could drive right though that shit on bald tires.....
Did you miss the foot of thick crap it went though? You wouldn't go one inch with bald tires.

Put those on a Taco instead of a 7500lb Full Size and it'll float over powder I bet.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Did you miss the foot of thick crap it went though? You wouldn't go one inch with bald tires.

Put those on a Taco instead of a 7500lb Full Size and it'll float over powder I bet.
They probably only work on super duties.