Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

How steep is this hill?

Old 04-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
'merica
FreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: null
FreidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
How steep is this hill?

I did a little hill climb the other day and want to know how steep it is. Can someone do a little image rotation and measure the angle as compared to the tree in the background?

I was also very pleased with my duratacs.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:18 PM   #4
'merica
FreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: null
FreidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Look at the angle of the tree... And it was steep enough that I could not get out with just the e brake on because the while pickup would start to skid down hill so I had to keep my foot on the break instead to stop all 4 wheels instead of just the 2.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #6
Banned
sudafed is one of the sharper tools in the shedsudafed is one of the sharper tools in the shedsudafed is one of the sharper tools in the shedsudafed is one of the sharper tools in the shedsudafed is one of the sharper tools in the shedsudafed is one of the sharper tools in the shedsudafed is one of the sharper tools in the shedsudafed is one of the sharper tools in the shedsudafed is one of the sharper tools in the shedsudafed is one of the sharper tools in the shedsudafed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sudafed's Tacoma Gallery
Herp Derp.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
if the truck made it, it's not that steep...
Old 04-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #8
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Pics, either vids or film, "flatten" hills. I have no clue to the OPs' question though.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:08 AM   #9
1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Medic
1980's Tacoma Gallery
If you remember where you were you can get a contour map for the area and find out how steep the hill was from it.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:45 AM   #10
Old Guy...In a Kids Truck
2012sporttrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
2012sporttrd's Tacoma Gallery
How Steep is this Mountain?
Old 04-30-2012, 02:22 AM   #11
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have a smart phone... but I know many do.. how can there not be a crap for that? Sorry I meant app.

Frank
Old 04-30-2012, 03:22 AM   #12
docjake has a spectacular aura aboutdocjake has a spectacular aura aboutdocjake has a spectacular aura about

docjake's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
I don't have a smart phone... but I know many do.. how can there not be a crap for that? Sorry I meant app.

Frank

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...phone-app.html
Old 05-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #13
06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed06ryan27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
06ryan27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
if the truck made it, it's not that steep...
What he said
Old 05-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #14
DevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Police officer in MD and Marine in B Co 4th LAR Bn
DevilDogTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
You can actually do this easily if you go back to the actual hill. Take a 2 ft level with you and a measuring tape. Stand on the slope of the hill, place one end of the level against the hill and tilt it down until it's level. So, the other end should be in the air, held by you. Then measure the distance from the floating end of the level down to the hill surface.

If you know the level is 2 feet in length, convert it to inches. 2 feet=24 inches. Use the slope formula to calculate the % grade of the slope:

Slope=Rise/Run
Rise is the distance you measured from the floating end down to the slope.
Run is the length of the level, so 24 inches.
For an example, use a rise of 4 inches.

Slope=4 inches/24 inches
Slope=.166
Slope=16.6%

I know that's a long explanation, but once you do it, it's REALLY simple and very quick to do. Hope that helps!
Old 05-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #16
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Maybe 22 degrees.
I already said that

5 in 12
Old 05-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #18
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
I'll post a video later of a hill I just climbed. It'll be tomorrow tho before I can get to a computer.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:33 PM   #19
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
I feel that i went up a pretty steep hill the other day. I had a hard time walking straight up it. It was also pretty densely wooded, with a slight right hand curve. Soil texture was lose rich loam and decomposed leaves. Next to a pair of dug in ruts was a tree with a gash and chunk of bark missing which worried me slightly as it looked like someone dug and slid backward into it. I was a lone and a ford explorer full of 'necksthe showed up out of nowhere, so i aired down the rears and put it in 4lo plus locked the rear and it was dissappointingly easy