Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

can anyone recommend good 12v tire inflator?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2012, 04:12 AM   #1
Hot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really nice
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
can anyone recommend good 12v tire inflator?

I'm new here,I'm sure its covered somewhere in these threads...but can anyone recommend a good portable 12 v tire inflator that isnt too large and won't burn out ?
There are tire inflators at the off road spots on the beaches I go to ,but they shut them down certain times of year...want one on baord at all times,just in case...

THANKS...
Old 05-01-2012, 05:02 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a cheap $30 one at Advanced Auto. It's lasted a few years but takes a while to inflate a tire.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
VIAIR has been one of the leading brands for a while.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/viair.htm
Old 05-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
Hot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really nice
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
thanks so far...
Old 05-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
winL is on a distinguished road

winL's Tacoma Gallery
When they go on sale at Harbor Freight?
Old 05-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #8
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
I use a hf one i got for 12 bucks. Works good just slow.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
You mean like this one ????
http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt...sor-66399.html
Old 05-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #10
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have an mv50. I haven't used it much but so far I like it.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I have an ARB portable that will inflate the stock tires from 12psi to 35psi in 12 minutes.

I really want their 100% duty cycle compressor. It'll inflate tires rather quickly, run air lockers and air tools!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #12
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
i got a craftsman n3 from sears. for like 50 bux it does really well
Old 05-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #13
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen an air pump on a jeep that permanently mounted to the frame and had 2 quick connects counted the the sliders on both sides. The thing was Badass!! But I haven't been able to find one online.....That's the one I want to get..... Anyone know of a manufacturer? Or is this something the guy did custom and just permanently mounted it on his frame??
Old 05-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #14
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
Been using this one for a few years.Still works good.
http://www.amazon.com/Industries-MV5...5873577&sr=8-1

^This
Old 05-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #15
CrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Assaultman 2/5
Name: Joe
CrunchyTaco99's Tacoma Gallery
The Superflow MV-50 seems very hit or miss. I ordered one off of Amazon several months back when they had it as "Deal of The Day". Took it to Utah on a trip and it filled 4 32X11.50 tires from 18psi to 35psi rather nicely. 2 days later it filled 2 of the same tires, started skipping and shut off. It restarted to fill the 3rd to 30 psi and shut off again to never restart! It wasn't super hot and I used it according to directions. It was outside of Amazon's window for returns so now I must send it back to the manufacturer (haven't done so yet).

There is a thread somewhere out there where a gentlemen upgraded the wiring, fuse, and air hose. I meant to do this before I left but ran out of time. If you get one definitely check that out.

Just be advised that the mv-50 may work wonderfully for you for years (like quite a many vouch for) or it may fill 6 and a half tires, die, and leave you driving forty miles back to Moab on an front tire with 18 psi in it.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
I have just finished using the ARB medium duty one for 13 hours damn near continuously.... It would have burned out nearly any other compressor

I would only consider getting rid of it if I could get this one:

Old 05-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #18
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by res4cue View Post
Money decides.

Limited budget? Viair

Unlimited budget? Oasis
I have a V Twin Warn too. For my money if I was going to get any winch motor driven unit I would get the twin ARB. The Warn and Oasis will eat batteries and load alternators more than you need to.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #19
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CollegeKevin's Tacoma Gallery
You can buy 2 MV50's for the price of 1 Viair compressor and still have money left over. Thats what I did.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #20
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Kevin View Post
You can buy 2 MV50's for the price of 1 Viair compressor and still have money left over. Thats what I did.

Great setup and I've always loved the idea of using a water extinguisher as a tank!

Products Discussed in this Thread