LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Dusty Times 250

Old 05-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Dusty Times 250

Hello y'all!

I need help. The SNORE Dusty Times 250 race will be held in Caliente, NV on June 22, 23. I need a few good men who can commit to going and helping with this event. Four guys total, incuding myself, would be ideal! If I can get a few commitments, we could possibly work a Check/Retrieval. Basically, someone would have to go get retrievals, while someone stays and takes times and vehicle number. So nobody gets bored, we can rotate number takers, so everyone who comes can go on retrievals as well. I ask for 3 so two can retrieve, and two can take numbers. This way nobody gets lonely.

I usually don't camp, but if a few of us meet up, camping is a definate! Two vehicles is all we will need to take. Mine for retrievals and another to hang out in while checkpointing. Caliente is roughly 150 miles north of Las Vegas. If we want to wheel on our way there, we can do that. I know of a trail that starts about 60 miles from my driveway. The first 40 miles is 70 mph graded road. Next is bushwacking wash terrain, and finally graded mtn roads.

Please get back to me if you are interested. It is volunteer work. But without volunteers, these races wouldn't happen! Thank you!

http://www.snoreracing.net/dusty-tim...of-events.html
Old 05-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
TurtleGuy
modsquad will become famous soon enoughmodsquad will become famous soon enough

Name: Andrew
modsquad's Tacoma Gallery
I'm onboard. I've wanted to run race recovery for a while, and I think the truck is finally ready. One of my new project sites is adjacent to the Jean dry lakebed and I frequently "wind up" on the mint 400 course. I did a section of it the other day in a Jeep Liberty "Fail Rated" edition with 5 inches of clearance. It was a riot, we didnt get stuck, but I ruined the Jeep.

A bunch of folks bailed on Moab and being the only one left I think I'm bailing as well. I'm bummed, but it'll leave some funds available for the truck and summer trips.

Caliente, this will be a hot one. I'll be camping. Maybe one night in a motel if I get desperate for a shower. Do you have a place lined up?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by modsquad View Post
I'm onboard. I've wanted to run race recovery for a while, and I think the truck is finally ready. One of my new project sites is adjacent to the Jean dry lakebed and I frequently "wind up" on the mint 400 course. I did a section of it the other day in a Jeep Liberty "Fail Rated" edition with 5 inches of clearance. It was a riot, we didnt get stuck, but I ruined the Jeep.

A bunch of folks bailed on Moab and being the only one left I think I'm bailing as well. I'm bummed, but it'll leave some funds available for the truck and summer trips.

Caliente, this will be a hot one. I'll be camping. Maybe one night in a motel if I get desperate for a shower. Do you have a place lined up?
No need for a motel. You won't find one within 50 miles anyway. Good thing my sister lives in Caliente. We can shower there. Let's do this man! It's always a good time.

That Liberty incident sounded fun! I've always wanted to take a car out in the desert for the purpose of destroying it!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
TurtleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
No need for a motel. You won't find one within 50 miles anyway. Good thing my sister lives in Caliente. We can shower there. Let's do this man! It's always a good time.

That Liberty incident sounded fun! I've always wanted to take a car out in the desert for the purpose of destroying it!
Sweet.

I've destroyed them all, jeep liberty (fail rated) had to go in twice for rocks stuck up in the suspension making noise?? How, I don't know (#mint400). Ford escape (AWD Tx case blew up), expeditions (rear shock mounts and tranny (separate occasions)), Lifted XJ (rear shock mounts, one shock ripped out on the highway and punctured a tire at 65mph), '10 chevy tahoe (brand new, rear collision), '87 suburban (driveshaft explosion)

Its kinda fun to list these all out!

Sorry Gov'ment

***Edit [Not on purpose, in case your listening... govment](Out of context this makes no sense, I'm not insanely reckless with vehicles, these are all work vehicles)
Old 05-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #5
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sweet.

I've destroyed them all, jeep liberty (fail rated) had to go in twice for rocks stuck up in the suspension making noise?? How, I don't know (#mint400). Ford escape (AWD Tx case blew up), expeditions (rear shock mounts and tranny (separate occasions)), Lifted XJ (rear shock mounts, one shock ripped out on the highway and punctured a tire at 65mph), '10 chevy tahoe (brand new, rear collision), '87 suburban (driveshaft explosion)

Its kinda fun to list these all out!

Sorry Gov'ment

***Edit [Not on purpose, in case your listening... govment](Out of context this makes no sense, I'm not insanely reckless with vehicles, these are all work vehicles)
Lol
Old 05-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #8
TurtleGuy

BUMP! Still down for this one! Not sure if the lady will be joining me yet. Most likely she wont be, racing isn't really her thing.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #9
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
BUMP! Still down for this one! Not sure if the lady will be joining me yet. Most likely she wont be, racing isn't really her thing.
How about data input? Lol