Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

stupid question ?

Old 05-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
Hot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really nice
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
stupid question ?

Do you really need to have the "off road" package to run the truck on the beach alot ?

I only have a v6 4x4 access cab, no sr5,trd package...just the double cab convenience pkge with a trailer tow pkge...
Old 05-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
No, you don't. Good tires and airing down will get you further on the beach than a sticker on the bed side

The TRD Off Road does have some features that make mild off roading easier but for regular old beach runs, you'll fine with a 4x4 and aired down tires.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
98regstick is a jewel in the rough98regstick is a jewel in the rough98regstick is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
98regstick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
No, ur 4x4 should be more than adequate. Air down if needed.
x2
Old 05-10-2012, 03:54 AM   #6
Hot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really nice
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
"Good tires and airing down will get you further on the beach than a sticker on the bed side "

NOW...you got me laughing !!

thanks for the replies...any advice what psi to air down to ? I am gonna have the stock 16" rims and tires it came with for a while...
Old 05-10-2012, 04:07 AM   #7
n0ms is on a distinguished road
Name: Angel
n0ms's Tacoma Gallery
Try half of what you normal psi is.
For me that is 15psi .
Btw I think the 4x4 is better than the prerunner trd in the sand.
And no,I am not saying that the trd runners can't handle the sand.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #8
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
No... not for beach driving (lowering tire air pressure is you best bet and using H4 with TRAC on ('09 +).

The Off Road Pkg. is useful in other low traction situations such as steep, rocky grades or deep mud/ snow, etc. Only the Off Road Pkg. provides a locking rear differential, and on '09+ 4WDs the state-of-the-art in all 4 wheel traction control: A-TRAC.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #9
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Psh, I run the beach with my truck. You have 4x4, you'll be fine. Watch for loose sand and air down and you'll be fine.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #10
StickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
StickShifty's Tacoma Gallery
just air down are you will be 100 percent fine. many people do not realize how much airing down your tires helps on the beach, its like night and day. i run 12 psi, and my truck runs like a champ in the sand. here in NJ we have really really loose sand, and the 4x4s driving in the same spot make some serious ruts. I go to Island Beach State Park and they only allow 4x4 vehicles in the sand with proper equipment, and they do check your truck.