Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Bilsteins Snapped

Old 12-23-2008, 07:11 PM   #21
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
"overbuilt" or will they just break someplace else?

knock on wood i havent broken them yet...in fact i dont know that i've ever heard about a saw breaking...maybe blowing out a shock but not full on breaking to where it cant be rebuilt
Old 12-23-2008, 07:12 PM   #22
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
i wanna go jump my truck and snap my shocks so i have an excuse to buy those toytec coilovers...
Old 12-23-2008, 07:27 PM   #23
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Impressive carnage.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:29 PM   #24
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
I have some really cool videos of me mudding. Also have video from inside the cab of when I jumped it and they snapped. Dont know how to post videos though. I can get the Billie 5100 front and rear and Total Chaos UCA for under 1k from Downsouth Motorsports. What you guys think?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #25
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
I have some really cool videos of me mudding. Also have video from inside the cab of when I jumped it and they snapped. Dont know how to post videos though. I can get the Billie 5100 front and rear and Total Chaos UCA for under 1k from Downsouth Motorsports. What you guys think?
Not a bad deal. If you need help putting them on, let me know.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #26
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Will do. But if I decide to do it myself how do i get it out or dealership. lol
Old 12-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #27
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Will do. But if I decide to do it myself how do i get it out or dealership. lol
Tow truck?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #28

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Pay for another tow truck huh. Kinda expensive. Check out the fire my brother and I built while waiting for tow truck. Also did a little paintballin.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #29

Well, it woud still be cheaper than haveing them do the install.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #30

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
True.

Once I found out from the dealership what all is broke I will make a decision on what to buy. I wonder if I could just work on it in the parking lot.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #31
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Time to get AAA dude! Well worth the money...

I have the 5100's they are beefier than the OEM billys for sure. I've mobbed down some dirt roads with some gnarly pot holes, jumped it - no problems so far
Old 12-23-2008, 08:27 PM   #32
DirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud of
DirtJumper14's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that is no good. I am gonna go with the Fox setup from Downsouth this next month. Little expensive but what the hell.

It hurts me to see you put your paintball gun on your paint like that. I have the same color blue.....go easy man. lol
Old 12-23-2008, 08:30 PM   #33

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Oh trust me I set it very very gently.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:30 PM   #34
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
DAMN bro, but still the same old Colton I new in H.S.

You always managed to break shit.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #35

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered bilstein 5100's front and rear and Total Chaos UCA's. Chris I might have to take you up on that offer.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:55 AM   #36
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Oh snap!(no pun intended) that sucks man, i say you should replace those with the 5100s for sure.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:00 AM   #37
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
damn, that musta been one badass pothole
Old 12-24-2008, 10:07 AM   #38
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I did a little mudding today with my quad. Decided to get the Tacoma dirty as well. Had a blast going through foot deep or so mud and water with Taco. I decide to finish up and drive back to my camp and on the way back I hit a pot hole full of water witch apparently was to deep. I launched the Tacoma up in the air and snapped the drivers side shock and bent the stock A-arms. I hope that is my only problem. The truck is at the dealer now. Im scared

Impressive! I am humbled.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #39
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
While changing the oil I noticed those front Bilstein shocks looked wimpy with the small diameter rod at the base. I guess this is proof that they are.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:54 AM   #40

Quote:
I just ordered bilstein 5100's front and rear and Total Chaos UCA's. Chris I might have to take you up on that offer.
Just let me know.